Chapter Six

Mara's age fifteen

Mara's Pov
The only family I had every known, how frustrating it was in the back of my mind to pretend like things were going okay, while inside my mind I was always having mini attacks about what to do.

Every time I had those thoughts it was like Itachi just knew and was talking to me spending time with me, we spent most of that time exploring and what not. Always showing me something new to keep myself entertained with.

Over the course of a few years I had learned all I could about the Akatsuki, my shock when I learned they were the most wanted criminal shinobis, they didn't really act like it aside from when they would all leave, Deidara was always screaming, so was Tobi, It was just a shock to me.

A low little grumble left my lips as I walked over to the door, with ahead permission to go off on my own. I found myself heading out of the base, only taking a couple steps towards the forest when Itachi was ruffling at my head a small little smile creeping onto his face.

"Follow me." He muttered, I stared at him in confusion but I didn't question it but followed him further away from the waterfall.

"What's going on Itachi?" I questioned watching him spin around to face me.

"Mara ever since you were little, I've taken care of you along the others of course my bond with everyone else was stronger, and here I  watched you grow, yet I know letting you go is the only way to set you free." His usual bland eyes held emotions, it had me staring in what seemed like awe.

"Itachi what are you talking about?" I questioned quick to deny the feelings of uncertainty, but he was crouching down near me, his red eyes kept staring at me even more then I was expecting.

"You wanna run away don't you... You wanna runaway like I do away from the problems of the world, away from your own problems just to start over." He exhaled roughly, but he was then handing me my backpack, reaching to the ground to grab an all black cloak wrapping it around me me securing it in place.

"You know about your parents death, and you have known for a while, even though we raised you, you can still have hate in your heart." I gasped quickly staring at him in shock gripping the backpack close.

"Mara it's time for you to be set free okay, I put more money, you should be able to find a been to village of any village should take you, but... It's time." Little tears blurred my vision, my chest felt a little hard since it was a different reality from thinking it.

"Itachi... Why can't you come with me." I pleaded to him seeing his pained expression, another sigh escaping him, his head dropped down even more then before.

"Mara if I could I would go with you, you are precious to me, I would runaway from the leaf, the Akatsuki even Sasuke if I could but it's never done come here.." My body shook but I felt him wrapping me into a very tight hug squeezing me his head resting on top of my own, his hands rubbing small circles all across my back.

"This world is never easy remember that for me.... till we meet again little Mara... Maybe then we could be set free together. You've grown beautifully so we did something good in our messed up lives." 

____________________________
"I don't understand why is she here?"

"I told you I found her half dying outside the gates, okay no one can survive out in that heat for that long, will see what the Kazekage says." I fluttered my sleepy eyes a couple times. I felt oddly uncomfortable it seemed the dark clothing I was wearing was drenched in sweat.

I shot up so quick startled looking down at the chair I was sitting in, watching the two men jumped back away from me quite fast in shock at me.

"I... Where am?" I was quick to stammer out looking around in confusion. The two men glanced  at one another but then another spoke appearing between the two.

"You both are dismissed, leave it to me." His red hair seemed to frame with his face, his arms folding across his frame in one go his arms folded across his arms as he stood in front of me.

"You are in the sand village you look very young and like you've been through hell." I exhaled roughly fluttering my eyes more confused.

"The Sand village..?" I trailed off quietly, looking down to watch my feet rocking back and forth.

"You don't have a head band, I would have known if the leaf was sending someone how long have you been traveling?" He seemed so kind, it was something I wasn't expecting.

"I-I think it's been a few weeks.. I've been going to village to village... I don't really know that much." I chuckled looking down more but my heart started aching again thinking about Itachi. I could hear his footsteps approaching me even more before he was crouching down at me.

"I'm Gaara I'm the Kazekage of the sand, and you?" I blinked away years smiling sadly gazing at him.

"I'm Mara.. It's nice to meet you."