Chapter Three

Mara's age ten

Mara's Pov
Why is it so boring around here. I folded my arms up roughly, shifting my feet left and right. I was really really kinda in a rebellious stage and no one would let me leave at all, even my dad wouldn't allow me to leave the base hideout.

I looked left and right to gaze around the living room of the base now would be a perfect time Itachi is nowhere to be seen, neither is Deidara, Kisame. Sasori was nowhere in sight neither was Konan.

Zetsu was away along with Hidan and Tobi. smiling happily to myself I quickly scooped up a little bag I had in the living room that has a few scrolls, books things like that.

With one big toss over my shoulder I then carefully made my way out of the cave-like base slipping out for my own little adventure for a little while.

________________________________
"Oh wow there's so many bugs and butterflies." A loud giggle escapes my lips and I looked around with wide eyes with interest watching a small butterfly slowly landed on my nose making me squint to get a better look at the butterfly happily.

Okay maybe being outside was ten times better than staying inside trying to sneak inside my dad's office there's so much to see and do outside. How come dad never wants me outside. Watching the butterfly slowly flutter off.

I then smiled, brushing off my pants that got dirt and little bits of grass I then carefully tried to launch myself up to jump onto a free but then quickly I was grabbed making me release the loudest scream out.  I quickly flung my fist out to hit the person's chest but then I gasped quickly saying sorry when seeing the slightest concerned eyes of Itachi.

"Oh, my goddess I'm so sorry Itachi." I apologized a loud whine escaping passed my lips. He carefully landed back down on the grass with me in tow in his arms and grip.

"I thought you were a kidnapper." I kept apologizing but Itachi deep alluring red eyes were watching me.  "Young one what are you doing all the way out here? Does your dad know you are out here?" His deep question filled my ears and I slowly pouted folding my arms over my chest looking away refusing to answer for a minute.

"Mara." I quickly shook my head no "No he doesn't being in the base hideout is so boring Itachi, I have no one my age to talk to and everyone is always busy." I grumble muttered, finding the grass more interesting.

"I just wanted to see real butterflies outside, not just reading about them in my books." I trailed off. Itachi looked very focused on thought before he carefully set me down on the grass and peered down at me.

"You trust me right?" I was a little confused and all but I trusted Itachi. I nodded my head and he muttered something before his eyes swirled and circled before I gasped looking around in surprise.

I was still in the forest area, but standing in front of me was what I only assumed was Itachi. But he looked my age. His hair was long and pulled in a small ponytail, every vivid detail on his eyes.

"Itachi is that you?"  I questioned slowly tilting my head. A large blush spread across his face before he muttered to me.  "We only can be here for a few hours before Pein realizes you are gone. You will see me in my ten-year-old form and we can play together okay. " He told me in a gentle tone.

I still could only look at him in surprise, before I squeaked happily giggling throwing myself at him.  He let a surprised grunt out before he caught me hugging me back small giggles leaving him.

"What game do you wanna play first?" He asked me carefully placing me back down on my feet and I smiled grabbed his tiny hands in my own seeing his curious stare "tag." I giggled and carefully poked him shouting.  "Tag you're it!" His eyes grew in size before a small smirk cast over his lips and he was sprinting after me.

A squeak of delight left me before I started running away from Itachi, the both of us going back and forth between playing tag, before doing a small game of hide and seek, rock, paper scissors, and even Ispy before it all faded when I grew tired.

Itachi was back to normal and he picked me up with ease a kind smile over his features before I drifted off to sleep on his chest clutching my bag close to my chest being carried off back to the hideout.