Prologue

Pein had no slightest clue as to why he was standing here, looking at the young little girl like she was the most important thing in the world. He didn't like this feeling, not one bit.

He let a small growl slip past his lips when the sudden thoughts hit like wildfire. He and a few members had just destroyed a single small village, nothing no one would miss.

In the mass of all the destruction, covered in blood without a care in the world slept a small little girl no older than a few months. Her little dark skin was covered in the blood of her family members who were now dead.

Pein could do it right then and there. He could end this girl suffering from knowing her whole life was gone. But for some reason, he just couldn't do it.

He let his hands fall to his side with a rough sigh, he slowly dropped down to at least check if the girl was breathing. Slowly he lifted the small baby up.

He let his feet hit the small floorboard before he opened up his cloak, and hid the young sleeping girl there. Walking out of the building.

Before we leave I better make sure Deidara blows the place up. He thought. He walked through the village as if his heart wasn't pulling little strings at the small girl.

She was so tiny so innocent and yet she didn't have a single clue to the world she was living in

"What took you so long?" The dark purple hair girl questioned to her leader when he walked passed her to join the others.

He ignored her for a moment. glancing around at his members he quickly ordered to the blonde hair one "Deidara there is a house on the right, I need you to blow it up now." Pein's voice came out in an order and the boy nodded his head walking off.

The rest of the Akatsuki members looked at their leader in so much confusion. All but Itachi did. His eyes could see all.

All he could ask himself in his mind was why. All the times he saw his leader as fearless, with no emotions but here he was hiding a baby in his cloak.

Why let the child suffer in a world were its entire family is gone. Itachi knew that pain way too much. Slowly Pein opened his cloak and glanced down in his arms was the baby now wide awake.  He was met with the roundest set of yes. Filled with so much innocent virtue.

And slowly the baby let out small gurgle and smiled up at the emotionless man a toothless smile with happiness.

It was safe to say from that one gesture he was in love with this baby "Is that a baby?" Kisame was the first one to question from beside Itachi.

Pein snapped out of the little daze holding the baby close to his chest. He nodded his head "I'm taking her with me." Right as he spoke those words a lot of cries of outrage were heard.

"Oh fuck, I'd rather die than have a little crying bitch baby at the base." Hidan snapped declaring it out fast his eyes glaring.

"Tobi wants to see the baby! Oh, it's so tiny." Tobi cried out from under his mask in amazement.

Everyone was being so loud all but Itachi he was studying the baby helpless girl who was squirming around in Pein's arm.

Itachi moved to get a closer look, slowly he brought his finger out and traced her dark brown skin, watching her giggle, he felt a strange ping inside his heart.

"Would you all be quiet." Pein quickly ordered making everyone grow quiet.

"Babies grow slow, its gonna take her years to grow. She is not to gonna become a ninja, in fact, she can't I feel no Chakra in her. She will be normal, as she grows older she won't know about the missions no one will tell her the truth about where she comes from. Not until she's seventeen or eighteen. Is that understood." Pein ordered out the orders each one of the members looking him.

Everyone all shared a small look at one another before they all agreed quietly.

Pein shifted the baby closer and hummed in thought slowly rocking the baby hoping to get her to fall asleep.

He let his eyes glance up once more at everyone. She had no name.

"Her name shall be Mara Iyuka understood?"