Four

⚜️

⚜️

Seonghwa's eyes watched Hongjoong like a hawk. Something was off about this kid and he was prepared to know what he was hiding. Sure, Seonghwa probably is gatekeeping a bigger secret, being the backstabber in the marriage, but he still wanted to unwrap all of Hongjoong's secrets to make the younger a vulnerable target. It was the perfect plan.

Currently, the pair were getting ready for their mission at the Kims' base. Just being in that place was a success for Seonghwa. He made sure to remember every hallway, every corner and each description of the rooms he was allowed access in, which wasn't many.

Due to these restrictions, Seonghwa pondered on his father's paranoia. What if the Kims really did have the same idea as them? This led to more intense questions. Is Hongjoong's true purpose to exploit Seonghwa and kill him? Is his innocence all just an act and he really is a psychotic killer? It was hard to believe, but made perfect sense.

Only to make that possibility more unrealistic, as they were preparing in the weaponry room, Hongjoong was skittish like a scared kitten. No way is this man a killer, he could barely hold a gun without his hands having a tremor and Seonghwa's scrutinizing stare wasn't aiding the situation.

"Can you stop looking at me?!" Hongjoong turned to him after finally having enough of the lingering gaze stuck to his figure.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" There was no care in Seonghwa's tone, more like degradation.

"Nothing. Just quit the staring." Hongjoong avoided eye contact and shook his shoulders as if it could erase his discomfort.

"If you're going to be like this all night, I Would rather do it alone." Seonghwa spoke bitterly.

Hongjoong glanced up at him through his light hair, "you know you can't. I'm only doing this to get my father off my back."

Seonghwa crossed his arms and leaned against the wall, a smirk sliding across his lips like a snake, "really? Because I got told it's to make your potential killer back off, all thanks to me."

Hongjoong snarled inwardly, "don't flatter yourself."

"But aren't I right?" Seonghwa raised a brow, his gaze still studying the boy before him. "This marriage is only important to you because your life is at risk, is it not?"

"Personally, yes. But overall, it's to increase our power as a gang." Hongjoong admitted. "Has anyone told you that you have a big ego?"

"Be glad to be the first." Seonghwa rolled his eyes, his spite growing deeper when the door opened revealing Minseok holding a briefcase.

Seonghwa took note of the secret glance he shot his son's way before greeting Seonghwa with a slight nod.

"So what is it you want us to do?" Hongjoong piped up, trying to hide how shaky his voice was.