Six

⚜️

⚜️

A sigh of content left Seonghwa's lips as he dropped his keys into the bowl and walked into the kitchen. He now had the place to himself and he felt more free than ever. It's only been a week since He and Hongjoong married, and it was the most agonizing week of his life. But now that Hongjoong is gone, possibly dead, Seonghwa felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

He kicked his shoes off and made himself some ramen for dinner. He must admit, although he ate alone anyway since Hongjoong would always be in his room working, it felt somewhat more lonely now that he knew the other was dead; he didn't let the feeling ponder though.

After eating, he ran a nice hot bath and even used Hongjoong's bubble bath which he was strictly forbidden to use, but he wasn't there anymore so he used as much as he wanted. Since there was only one bathroom, Seonghwa never really had time to have a relaxing bath.

He then put a pair of joggers on with a loose shirt and tucked himself peacefully into bed, a faint smile not leaving his face as he closed his eyes. He couldn't wait to tell his father the news tomorrow. It would either go two ways: he'll get mad because it was too early, or he'll be proud of his son for finding a more ideal ending.

Either way, Seonghwa slept off the unbalance of thoughts, slipping into a dreamless slumber.

⚜️

To say he was bothered would be an understatement when he was awoken by a loud banging on the front door. Seonghwa checked the time, it was now 4am, so who the fuck was at his front door?

With an angered grunt, he slumped out of bed and stormed to the front door that was still being beaten on the other side. Seonghwa swung it open after unlocking it frustratedly, only for his muscles to freeze over at who was on the other side.

Hongjoong stood, looking as if he came straight out of a horror movie. His blonde hair was dyed red, crimson ran down his face and clumped up on his eyelashes and his eyes were completely empty, like he was on the verge of breaking down.

He shoved the duffel bag in Seonghwa's hands and walked straight past him, too demolished to even acknowledge him.

Seonghwa stood in shock, turning around to watch as Hongjoong trudged into the kitchen. After registering the situation and taking note of the weapons inside the bag, he followed quickly behind. "You're supposed to be dead."

Hongjoong brought out a bottle of water and began chugging it before slamming it on the counter. "Clearly."

"What the hell happened to you?" He didn't care, he was more curious.

Hongjoong faced him with an absent gaze, Seonghwa had never seen the younger look so lifeless. "Don't worry, none of the blood belongs to me. As if you care anyway." He scoffed.