Eight

⚜️

⚜️

It was a Wednesday morning and Hongjoong was late for university, like an hour late. And it was all because Seonghwa was up all night with his friends. Whenever Hongjoong asked them to shut up, they only got louder. Hence why he was rushing as he got ready and tripping down the stairs because he was going too fast.

Much to his displeasure, Hongjoong was knocked to the floor by a foreign figure as he was on his way to the front door. He rubbed his bottom where he fell and looked up and saw a familiar face. It was Jongho...holding one end of a couch?

Jongho looked down and gave Hongjoong an apologetic smile, "sorry. Are you okay?"

Hongjoong stood back up and nodded, his eyes glued to the couch. He pointed at it in question, "what are you-"

"Oh." The younger exclaimed before the question was finished being spoken. "We ended up staying here last night and your new couch got delivered this morning, so we decided to help move it in."

"We?" Hongjoong asked, by now have forgotten about school.

"Hey!" A new voice came from the other end of the couch, along with a hand popping up from it.

"That's San." Jongho explained.

"Yeah, and San is dying over here, this thing is heavy so do you mind hurrying up. I don't think I can feel my arms anymore!"

Hongjoong watched as the pair settled the new couch in the living room and patted off particles resting on their clothes.

"Where is Seonghwa?" Hongjoong asked after acknowledging the elders' absence.

San plopped himself down on the sofa and released an exhaust sigh, "he went to pick something up about an hour ago. He should be back soon."

Jongho followed Sans actions but decided to fall onto him, causing the youngest to be pushed off roughly. He cursed the other mentally before sitting next to him. Jongho looked at Hongjoong with suggestive eyebrows, "why? You miss him?"

Hongjoong grimaced, "I was just wondering why I can't hear him nagging in my ear."

"Let me guess," San spoke, pointing at the floor. "He asked you to clean up all that paint, and you still haven't done it?"

He was absolutely correct. It's mainly the reason he has been avoiding the older. It has been two days and dried paint is still stubbornly stuck to the marble of their living room floor, but Hongjoong was just too busy to clean it.

"No it's just that-" Hongjoong was interrupted by the bell to the door signifying someone had just walked in. His head shifted in that direction and spotted Yeosang walking calmly towards him. "What are you doing here?"

Yeosang had an amused smile plastered over his lips, and a dark eyebrow lifted comfortably. "Never thought I'd see the day when Kim Hongjoong was disorganized."