-Chapter Eight-

Would you prefer if I gave your parents names, or you did? I personally hate using my actual parents names so I thought I'd ask.

Third person PoV

(Y/n) looks down at the book as a million different thoughts ran through their mind. They knew their family wasn't...normal, but what even defines that? Hesitantly, they lean back down to grab the book. They wipes their sweaty palms before they take the book in their hold with their shaky hands. Clutching it like their life depended on it, they take a few deep breaths in and out, in a way to calm themself before they walk back out.

The teen leaves the abandoned area of the library as they allow their thoughts to consume them. They thinks back to their brothers, and how they act in the sunlight. They remember them saying how they don't like it, and how it gives them headaches and hurts their eyes. It was the same with her parents too. They'd always say how they sunburnt easily, even if they weren't out in the sun for long. The headaches they've been getting! The way they were there for a while, but went away a couple of minutes later.

The confused teen scurries out of the library and past an equally confused blonde Earl, who immediately tags along behind them.

"Why are you running? (Y/n), hello?!" His attempts presented futile as they ignored him and increased their pace, heading in the direction of their room.

Readers PoV

I sprint to my room with Alois hot on my tracks. The boy was practically scraping my fucking ankles.

'Can he not take the hint to stop following me? I'm having a crisis right now!'

Finally, I make it to my room, where I throw myself in and slam the door, locking it instantly. I ponder what to do for a moment before walking to my alter. I place the book on the black cloth covering the table as I stare at it, zoning in and out.

"Vampire...that's so-"

My muttering is cut off by a knock at the door. I scowl and roll my eyes.

'Looks like I'll have to leave my crisis in the bedroom.'

"(Y/n)? Are you okay? Alois said you ran to your room in a hurry after looking for a book in the library." The voice of my oldest brother, Jake, speaks out. I'm not sure when they had got in, but that's the least of my worries right now.

I slowly unlock the door, looking up to him with semi-wide eyes. He furrows his brows, frowning.

"Are you okay? You look really pale." He reaches out to touch my forehead, checking my temperature.

"I need to speak to you." 

I don't give him time to answer before pulling him into my room and locking the door once again, before dragging him over to the book I had found moments prior. I flip it open to the first page.

Once he reads the title he visibly pales and swallows hard. I narrow my eyes.

"What the fuck is this?"

---------------

Alois' PoV 

I huff as I drop onto the couch in the living room, pouting. 

'Why would they just run away like that? What did they find?'

I roll my eyes as thoughts consume my mind, frustrated that I wouldn't have answers until (Y/n) was done having their little episode.

I hear a deep chuckle from beside me, making me turn to it. I see Ciel walk into the room with his uniform off, and normal clothes on instead. He takes a seat on the smaller couch, getting comfortable before flipping through a book he had started a couple days ago.