-Chapter Eleven-

Third Person PoV

(Y/n) blankly stares up at their ceiling, unable to sleep. They're not sure of how long exactly they have had their eyes trained on the centre of the ceiling, specifically where the (f/c) chandelier lay. The light was switched off, but they could still imagine the reflection the stained, chipped glass would give on the rest of their room. The small rainbows would bounce and hop with every slight movement of the wind that hit the dangling shapes.

A heavy sigh leaves their soft, parted lips as they give up on sleep and lift themselves to sit up properly. Weighing around their options to pass by the hours, (Y/n) briefly contemplated revising for upcoming tests, but quickly dismissed the idea. Instead, they gently removed the charger that occupied their phone before slipping the object into their (f/c) sweatpants. After rubbing their stinging eyes and placing their slides on, they leave the room. They figured a stroll around the house would do them some good, and maybe even a visit to the pool in the garden.

As they walk, they let their consciousness slip into a train of thought. The main thing on their mind was the future. Will they get the cast back home? Will they remember everything that happened here? Their legs carry them down the steps as the thoughts continue to bounce around in their mind. They wouldn't be gone long before they returned, accompanied by another question regarding the same topic.

Like on impulse, their body halts to a stop when their mother's voice reaches their ears. She sounded stressed, despite how softly she spoke.

"I don't understand, (F/n). I thought Jake would be the heir to the throne. It makes sense! He's sensible, typically a leader-

"Would you not say the other two are? They're more alike than you like to give them credit for, (M/n)."

There's a moment of silence before a soft sigh is released. The sound of glass being gently placed down echoes through the air.

"I don't know. I just wanted (Y/n) to be oblivious to this side of their life for a little longer. I suppose I'm just coming up with excuses."

Slowly, (Y/n) lifted themselves from their seat on the bottom step. How many more secrets are their family going to hide from them? It's tiring. They walk in the direction of their parents, huffing.

"What is it now? Honestly, I'm 16, nearly 17. I'm too old for family secrets." (Y/n) whines.

(M/n) jumps, clearly not expecting her youngest child to waltz through the kitchen doors at two in the morning. Her fright causes (F/n) to smirk before gently approaching her and wrapping his arm around her waist, almost as if it's a way to soothe his Wife's scare.

(Y/n) suppresses the urge to smile and instead raises their brow in a questioning manner. "So?"

(M/n) clears her throat. "So, (Y/n). You know how we're, well, uhm...vampires?" She begins, fiddling with her fingers.

"Uh-huh...go on." (Y/n) urges

"Well, we come from an important line of people. On my side, not your Father's." She vaguely explains. (Y/n) rolls their eyes, feeling a headache come on.

"Come on, Mother. You have to be more specific. 'Important people' could mean anything." 

"Royalty!" She barks. "You're in a royal bloodline, (Y/n)...and you're next to take the throne."

-------------------

  "....and you're next to take the throne."

Hidden a few doors and halls away, a butler clad in black picks up on the conversation between his and his master's hosts. His eyes squint in thought as he recalls the human Royalty bloodline. After a moment he shakes his head, rendering it impossible for the host's youngest child to be the heir to the throne.