Dropped

Edit: Holy crap i doubled the wordcount. Once again. reading this was a cringefest for me, i honestly have no clue as to where this story will go... ideas are appreciated. If you liked the old version better, tell me and maybe ill post it in a seperate story since with scrapped pieces or something.

----------------------------------

"Yo Shadow slayer!"

The called man looked up from sharpening his sword only for a scowl to appear on his face. 'God no' were the only words that entered is mind at the sight of the brunet approaching.

"What do you want mutt?" Sasuke grunted, turning his coal eyes back to the sharpening blade. The brunet's eyes quickly darted between the raven and the sword. He gave a nervous grin, hiding the fact that Sasuke quite unnerved him. Sasuke on the hand, gave the mutt credit for actually having the guts to walk up to him while a sword was within hand reach.

"Auch, that's harsh" the man grinned.

Sasuke rolled his eyes, "get to the point Kiba".

"You are no fun-" a glare made him swallow his breath, "yeah-" he coughed, "Troops sighted a pack of dragons coming this way".

Sasuke sighed deeply, putting the dull blade next to the sharpening stone. It was odd to find a whole pack of dragons attacking so soon. The last one was last week and the dragon blood scent was still prominent in the village. It was an odd smell of burned pines and smoke. "Which way?" he questioned, his hand resting on the sword at his hip.

"The forest, at the foot of the mountain" Kiba answered, the nervousness disappearing from his tune. "They come from the dark side".

Sasuke arched a brow. A pack coming from the dark side of the mountain was even rarer. The creatures usually went for the villages that weren't past the mountain. "How many?" he asked, the grip on his sword tightening, though his expression remained stoic.

"Scouts say it's a small pack, so 7 at most" Kiba spoke, his eyes widening. "You aren't planning to take them on, on your own. Right?"

The raven looked down on the brunet, "tell the men that aren't wounded to guard the edges of the village" he spoke, already turning to the mountain on the other side of the village.

"Sasuke, that's madness. Even for you" Kiba snapped.

"I'll handle it" he merely concluded before he sprinted off.

A wind had Kiba holding onto his hoodie. "There is a limit to how reckless you can be. Jeez" he hissed as he ran after Sasuke.

It took mere minutes for Sasuke to cross through the village. Some women squealed as they caught a glimpse of the running male. Among the women, Sasuke was the top prize of the village. Of course there were others, whose skills matched the raven, but Sasuke had the whole package of looks, strength and wit. Little did they know, Sasuke never had interest in any of them. To him they were merely the villagers he needed to protect.

Next to that, the man thought of them as mosquito's. Parasites that drained his energy.

Reaching the edge of the forest that started only a yard away from the last house, he jumped into a tree, high enough to scan the surroundings. The pack was soon spotted. How could he not? There was a Gurgle in the middle. A dragon resembling a house with wings as broad as a soccer field. Three others just slightly smaller were at his side, they were Goldstrings. Dragons that reflected the sun, yet didn't quite blind you. Their eyes were small but they had more that the usual two. The quantity depended on their age. The ones Sasuke saw were pretty old, considering the bulge on their head. The eyes covering it like the holes in a beehive. Then there were 2 Bufrives. Their spine had grand spikes protruding through their skin. They weren't the biggest, the size of a horse at most, but their strength was nothing to laugh at. They could swat their tail and your skull would be dust.

The odd thing from the whole picture was the dragon that was carried by the two Bufrives. His eyes followed the dragons move closer and closer to where he was position. Suddenly the two dragon let go of the small dragon. His eyes widened as the creature fell through the trees with sickening cracks, while his 'comrades' turned tail and went back to where they came from. A shrill cry erupted from the woods but Sasuke didn't dare look away from the retreating dragon. Only when they were out of sight he dared to look down. Trees were broken and leaves still fluttered in the air.

With ease he moved from tree to tree until he stumbled upon the dropped package. Arching a brow he examined the dragon. He couldn't recall any dragon looking like that. He wasn't much bigger than a horse but unlike the bufrives, who were all kinds of brown, he was gold like a dandelion but not shining like a Goldstring.

Slowly he lowered himself from the tree, hand on his sword and ready to attack. Another cry erupted from the creature, this time more desperate than anything. Sasuke frowned as he closed in on the creature. It's eyes, a dazzling sky blue darted from him to his sword and back. A third cry shook the woods. It's legs flailing to find footing to run away. "Why don't you fly?" Sasuke whispered more to himself than the creature.

The dragon stopped flailing, his eyes wide with fear as his chest rose and fall at a rapid speed. In a matter of a second I appear at his neck. Sword drawn and ready to slice through his scaly neck. His breath sped up even more but then suddenly it went back to its normal rhythm. Sasuke eyed the creature with caution, only to find the same kind of look returned.

"Aren't you going to kill me?"

Sasuke flinched, holding back the instinct to look around. Instead he stayed focused on the dragon. "Did you just...." He whispered, the grip on his sword loosening. The dragon never broke the stare. Slowly the man pulled his sword away from the dragon's neck, back into it's sheath.

"Did you just talk?" he questioned, slowly retreating from the oversized lizard. His muscles tense and ready to attack any time.

The creature simply nods his head.

"I must be going mad" he whispered to himself, "you are able to speak?" he tried.

The dragon paused, staring at Sasuke as if he could see right through. Nevertheless he shook his head.

'A talking dragon who is a bad lyer. You got to be kidding me' his hand reached for his sword again. A low rumbling came from the creature, having the male pause.

A long stare off proceeded, the rumbling in the dragons chest unnerving the raven before it. "Very well" he sighed, releasing the handle of his sword. The growling stopped almost immediately. He cast his ink-black eyes on the creature, cursing himself for even trying something stupid as what was to come next.

He reached out his hand to the dragon, already making peace with loosing it.

The dragon merely sniffed the limb before rubbing its nose against his palm. Sasuke's eyes widened. 'Okay. This is okay, I guess' he slowly moved his hand over the nose to the side of his head. The scales felt softer than they looked, it was like the cushions of a cat's paw, only smoother. A low rumbling had Sasuke frown. It didn't sound like growling. Rather, it sounded like purring.

'It's like I'm patting a cat. Only difference is the fact that it's not. Instead it's a lizard as big as a horse with a mouth that could swallow my head whole. Nothing strange about that at all' he thought sarcastic.

"What the hell is going on?!" 

----------------------------------------------------

heey how was this chapter?? thanks for votes and comments i really appreciate it. especially comments because they are fun to read and it gives me the feeling you people really like it ^^

A wild dragon (Sasunaru)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें