Chapter14: Revert and Betrayal

"Professor McGonagall something is wrong with Scabbers he won't stop glowing," Ron said holding his rat by its tail while said rat tries to bends it body and scratch the hand holding in in hopes to get free.

"Remus?" the temporary Headmistress said finding it hard to believe that off all places Peter could have been he had been at Hogwarts. Moving forward Lupin took the rat from Ron, who thought the man was going to help heal his rat so handed Scabbers over without any hesitation. Taking hold of the rat Remus cast a stunner to prevent it from getting away in case it was Peter Pettigrew rather than just a normal rat. Harry watched in amazement as the D.A.D.A Professor set the glowing rat on the floor before casting some unknown spell on it forcing the rat to change into a human. Harry was filled with hope as everyone gasp at seeing the change maybe whatever spell the man had used could return to human form as well. Professor Snape and Lupin moved at once in case the spell that changed the man back into a human reduced the effectiveness of the stunner as they both grab one of his arms and head back into the School Board chambers as it was one of the few fireplaces that was able to connect to the Floo network.

As Theo walked away Harry climbed onto his shoulders and said, "Strange Magics shifting a rat into one of you. Can Vilu do that and be like Theo?" Harry asked trying to hide his hope that he could become human again.

"I don't think that will work," Theo said reaching up and scratching his head.

"You do not want me to be human like Theo?" Harry asked.

"Well it is not that it is just the rat was already a human before he had been a rat so it was just reverting him back to his normal form," Theo tried to explained.

"So if you were not human first it would make you something else maybe like Vilu?" Harry asked.

"I am fully human but I guess if it would make you feel better I could ask Professor Lupin to cast the spell on both of us to prove we are what we are," Theo said turning around and waiting for both Professors from returning after turning in Peter Pettigrew.

"Heir Nott is there something you need?" Professor Snape asked when he and Lupin returned.

"Well sir this is rather strange but after seeing Pettigrew change from a rat into a human Vilu wants the spell cast on us to make sure we are not a difference species," Theo said looking down at the Kitsune with a look of an indulgent parents missing the look shared by the two Professors.

"Well I guess that is no problem, though he does know that most likely nothing would happen," Lupin said trying to hide his own excitement for even if it might not last long the spell could at least get his cub into a form that could explain what had happened to him.

"Lets move this to a empty class room," Severus said not wanting Harry to reappear out in the corridor if the spell worked, "Lady Lovegood can I help you?"

"I think this sounds like an interesting experiment and I would like to see it as well," Luna said as actually lead them to the nearest empty classroom and took a seat with her legs together on top of the old teacher's desk inside. Severus and Remus shared another look before they shrugged at each other.

"We shall cast it on you first Theo so Vilu can see that it does not hurt, since Peter had been stunned he might not have reacting to any pain," Remus said taking out his wand as Theo handed Vilu over to Luna. Theo stood before the man as the spell cast on him doing nothing more than making his hair move as if in a gentle wind. "Alright time for Vilu," Remus said licking his lips and hoping this would actually work, as Severus being a Halfblood actually crossed his fingers. As the spell hit Harry he felt his body begin to grow while his hair shrunk so it only covered his head. Within moments the Kitsune was gone and Harry Potter had returned. Looking down at his hands no longer paws Harry gave a shout of joy standing up on just two feet unaided for the first time in months.