Chapter 15: Draco explains it all

"Theodore Maximilian Nott Jr. we need to talk right now," Draco said as Blaise flees the room having stayed only to make sure Theo had not hurt himself.

"Get lost Malfoy I am not in the mood," Theo said without even looking over.

"Oh you are not in the mood too bad you know what you just did?" Draco said as he marches over to one of his best friend's beds after warding the door to keep everyone out of the room.

"Attended a board meeting found out I have been on the receiving end of a prank from months and had my heart broken," Theo said in a monotone voice finally looked over at Draco as the blonde sat on the edge of his bed.

"Well two out of three is not bad, but that was no prank," Draco said.

"Oh so I guess Luna told you did she?" Theo asked sitting up and glaring at the door as if expecting the blonde girl to walk in.

"No she did not Harry did," Draco said causing Theo's head to snap back around to him as his glared deepened.

"Ah so another lie," Theo said "so much for keeping it a secret and only choosing to talk to me."

"Would you get over yourself you bastard, yes so Vilu was in fact Harry bloody Potter but did you give him time to explain?" Draco asked raising an eyebrow at the other boy as he gently rubbed the pocket where Harry was still curled up asleep.

"No but what is there to explain," Theo shot back.

"So without actually hearing anything you punish him by saying a word that you know would hurt him, and sent him up to the Astronomy Tower where he decided to end it all," Draco said voice rising in anger as he quickly cast a spell to make the pocket Harry was in sound proof.

"No but I...' Theo sputtered not having any response to that news.

"Did it ever occur to you that he actually liked you?" Draco asked a little softer.

"Well no I mean why would he?" Theo said pulling his legs to his chest.

"I want you to wrap you head around this after Luna saved him she brought him to me and after finding out I did not really hate him he told me everything," Draco said reaching forward and grasping Theo's knee. "Think about that for a moment he knew during his time as Vilu that he could have turned to anyone in Slytherin including the twins for help but they came to me. You know how I have always acted towards Harry yet they came to me."

"Yeah so what is your point?" Theo asked not looking up from his knees.

"Do you recall his first day in the dorms and what Snape found out about his injuries?"

"Snape said someone had been torturing him," Theo said after a moment,

"Yeah it turns out that it was his, oh I hate to call them this from what he told me of how they treated him, but his family. Think about growing up with your father and how bad it was, but unlike you he could not run away to live with a relative he had no one," Draco said simply not wanting to share any stories as they were not his to give. "And while your father held himself back a little Harry's family did not he told me that when he got his spell books before his first year he found mentions of the Glamour spell. It seems the first thing he did during his free time here was to research the spell and found a long lasting one before casting it on himself to hid all the scars and abuse his own family had given him," Draco said his voice catching a little. "Just think on that for the last two years he has not used his full power for wanting to hide the signs of abuse. This is not a sign of vanity but a protection he told me as the people he lives with had taught him that if he would try to get help they would only increase their so called "punishments" to him."