June

Tuesday, June 1

Day 78

You: Thinking about you today. I hope you're well

Spencer: I'm a little better, thank you

Spencer: I'll be home for most of this week. Do you want to do something together?

-

Wednesday, June 9

Day 86

"I swear to god, you're a fucking cheater."

"I'm not!" Spencer protested with a grin on his face.

"There's no way you can beat me 5 moves into a game of chess. I don't know what you're doing but you need to cut it out."

"They don't call me Doctor for nothing, you know."

He smirked at you from the other side of the chessboard. He really was kind of cute.

-

Saturday, June 19

Day 96

"Can we maybe keep a lamp on or something?"

You stood at the light switch to your living room, looking back at Spencer who was sitting on the couch wrapped up in one of your blankets.

"Sure... Is everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah, everything's fine," he said, fidgeting a bit. "I just don't like the dark very much."

"Oh. Yeah, I can do that."

You took a moment to turn one of your lamps on before you shut off the overhead lights. You made your way back to the couch, picking up the bowl of popcorn next to Spencer so that you could get under the blanket.

"If you don't like the dark, is this movie going to be okay?" you asked concernedly. He gave you a small smile.

"Gore doesn't have much of an effect on me. The dark... it's the true absence of light. Physically but also metaphorically. You never know what's hiding there."

"That makes sense."

You weren't sure what else to say, so you decided to make it into a joke.

"Well, if you need anything Doctor, I'm right here next to you," you said cheekily. It seemed to work. He grinned over at you.

"I'll keep that in mind. Pass me the popcorn."

-

Monday, June 21

Day 98

Audrey: The department is going out for drinks tonight!! Wanna come with?

You: Omg you're so sweet

You: I'd love to come but my friend is in town. He's not here a lot, I just want to spend some time with him right now. Next time for sure, though!

Audrey: No worries!!!

-

Thursday, June 24

Day 101

You opened the door to the apartment complex, only to slam into whoever was rushing out of the door. You stumbled backwards, the breath knocked out of you as Spencer threw his hands on your shoulders to steady you.

"I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed, his face full of worry. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," you gasped. You could feel your heart fluttering under the hand you had placed on your chest. "Is everything okay?"

Spencer's face fell, and you knew exactly what he was going to say.

"I just got called in. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," you reassured him. "I know you can't control this kind of stuff."

"I know," he said. "I just really was looking forward to this weekend."

"I know, me too."

The two of you stood in awkward silence before Spencer straightened up, removing his hands from your shoulders. You had almost forgotten they had even been there.

"I'll make it up to you," he declared.

He always did.