5

— april ; last week

They never thought that that day was when a friendship bloomed.

"Kunimi Akira, Yachi Hitoka, and Hinata Shouyo!" his ears perked up by the sound of his name, "Meet us after class," Yamanaka began to write stuff on her whiteboard again, Hinata felt his heart shudder, he felt lightweight.

Oh ghlob, he's gonna puke.

During class he could barely focus, constantly tapping on his pen, Yamanaka kept calling for his name for recitation but alas, his thoughts got to him first. So he ended up rocking himself in the corner, whispering a little chant his mother used to do. After he stood up, spotting the other two who got called by their teacher, she was outside assuming talking to someone. The other one of them was simply sitting in the corner with earphones plugged in. The other one with yellow hair kept walking around at a zigzag-y pace.

"Sorry for making you wait!" Yamanaka got back in the room, followed by a few of the ladies yesterday, and another he's unfamiliar with. The blond girl looked like she was about to faint.

"Hinata, Akira, Hitoka-chan, meet-!" she took a dramatic pause for effect and showed the lady with both arms extended, Will Smith style.

"Gang! I'd like y'all to meet Miss Silvie! The corporate of Ballet in France!" her eyes twinkled brightly just as Hinata's. "Yaint ready for this!" she squealed, the women cleared their throats as she blushed,

"Alrighty! You guys are in!"

Hinata felt as if his heart just burst.

"For-" he felt himself go whabaam, "For realsies?!" the adrenaline must've been so strong, enough for him to jump up and down. "Yep! You three got a chance to be in this school-!"

"Unless you pass another," Hinata visibly felt Yachi faint, he looked back to make sure but only to find out she did, eyes white and everything, good thing Kunimi was beside her.

"Yamanaka-san, may I?" the nice new lady smiled at her, Yamanaka nodded like a pup. "You will be given half a year to practice, and three of you will be judged in the finale," Shouyo felt himself do a 360 right then and there. "Now if you excuse us," Yamanaka winked, "We got things to do- oh Akira-kun, tell your classmates the rest of the class is over. You three go celebrate!" she then grabbed a few of her platform heels and ran out the class, leaving one introvert, an anxious female and an energetic ball of sunshine in one room.

"So... Are we gonna compete with each other?" Hinata looked at the two, Kunimi kept his eyes on his phone, looked up at Shouyo, and simply shrugged. Yachi didn't even answer, she seemed passed out on the floor.

Hinata stared at the two and then walked out. He needs coffee, an extra one, at that.

Based on Yamanaka today was a good day, considering no extra practices would be done and then he'll most likely spend his entire day eating, sleeping, or both! Shouyo arrived at their dorm, where he shares with Sugawara, Oikawa, and Kiyoko. Supposedly, freshmen should be sharing dormitories with fellow peers, but all slots were out so Shouyo got himself a dorm here. It was cool because Oikawa bakes them brownies or cookies every friday. Suga had always mentioned never eat the brownies, he says it's because Oikawa spikes them, whatever that means.

Hinata skipped his way into the dorms, it wasn't as far as it is in the school, it was only nearby the field where a few people play soccer, and some just chilling. Often he'd see groups having picnics, or getting drunk 'secretly'. He went up the dorms, humming a little tune, they lived at the third story, he knew it was theirs because Tooru puts a really big pride flag on their balcony.