Bolt

Two miserable weeks have passed without seeing Juliet, but not an hour has passed without thinking of her.

I've tried fucking Precious a few times, before spending the night with Juliet she was my latest fuck but now my stomach turns at the sight of her boney body. She's not Juliet, she will never be.

I've just returned from a run which was supposedly going to be a walk, that was a fucking lie. I still have blood encrusted under my nails from the two members of the Giants I had to rip apart to protect the shipment. At least their death's sated the beast's growls for a moment.

All I want now is a hot shower and to get flat out drunk, at least then I'll think Juliet is actually beside me. But as I walk towards the bar, the noises coming from it tell me my plan my fall short.

"Caine you fucker!" Doretha roars into the air, I can hear her from outside. "Give me your fucking hand."

A few seconds later I hear my brother cry out in pain, I push open the door and find Doretha on her knees in the middle of the floor screaming and clutching at her stomach- surrounding her is a pool of clear liquid.

Oh shit.

Doretha cries out again, at first it seems like an intelligible scream but it morphs into a sentence.

"....midwife, where the fuck is she!"

Doretha and Viper decided to have their baby at home, Dot was too afraid to go back into a hospital after the last time, not that I blame her decision. But what I don't understand is why she's screaming on the filthy floor of the bar without a medical person in sight.

Viper gets of the phone, his eyes wide with panic as he looks around at his brothers. Then he sees me and marches forward. Doretha is clinging onto Astrid's hand as Bear helps to lower his pregnant wife to be nearer her sister, the whole sight is bizarre.

"Bolt." Viper growls at me, I'm fairly sure he's going to have a heart attack.

"I need you to get your woman."

"What?" I feign innocence and confusion.

"The woman you sneak off to see, the doctor."

I open and close my mouth, I had no idea any of my brothers knew about Juliet or anything that went on in my heart but clearly I was wrong.

"B-but your midwife!" I protest in panic, I can't turn up at Juliet's again. She'd skin me.

"She's in hospital with a fucking broken arm, this is fucking insane." Viper rages and panics before turning around to give Doretha a reassuring but fake smile.

"A-and the backup?" I reach for any other situation or person who could do this.

"On fucking holiday."

"Bolt, please man..."

I hesitate for less than half a second until I hear Doretha's scream once again, countered with Astrid's cry of pain as she clutches at the hand Dot had just crushed, then Bear's cry of outrage counters that as he looks at his wife's red hand.

Reluctantly, I nod at my brother. It is clear this situation is only going to escalate and get worse. I won't risk my brother's child or his woman. Even if that means returning here minus my balls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Juliet please." I repeat as I repeatedly slam my fists on the door, after she heard my voice she promptly told me to fuck off and has been ignoring my knocking ever since.

"Jules! This isn't about me, I need a doctor, please."

That gets her attention, I hear the lock being pulled back and I step away so when she opens the door I'm not looming over her.

Worry is etched across her face as her eyes scan me for injury. I suddenly realise my mistake, Juliet thinks I'm hurt.

"It's not for me." I quickly explain, her face darkens once more but she doesn't slam the door in my face which I see as a bonus or some sort.

"Who am needed for them?" She asks flatly as she crosses her arms, as always Juliet is telling me in no uncertain terms what an asshole I am, not that I deserve any less. I will be making up for my mistakes for years to come, if I'm even allowed in my angel's life for that long.

"A-a woman in my compound, she's in labour and we have no one to deliver it."

"Very well then." Juliet nods and then retreats into the house for a few moments. I would have expected more of an explanation would be needed but apparently not for Dr Stevens, a patient in trouble is all she needs to hear.

Seconds later Juliet reappears with a bag in her hand and her once loose hair tied in a high ponytail, I guess she didn't have time for a braid. Her beauty takes my breath away and catches it in my throat.

"Let's go then Bolt, my patient is waiting."

Juliet's voice has taken on an edge, she's no longer just my Juliet, she's Dr Stevens.

As we fly back towards the compound Juliet screams and presses her face into my back. I'm just trying desperately to ignore the feeling of her soft chest pressed against mine, and her fleshy thighs against my legs. It's taking all the power I have not celebrate the feeling of her body against mine, but it's not me she's here for me and that I must remember.

Once we arrive at the compound, Juliet is a whirl of commands and calm. She orders everything to be done, things that were so obvious and yet I'd never have thought of them myself.

Doretha is carried upstairs to an empty room by Viper, she's too far gone to travel back to her cabin.

All that was left of the labour are the cries of Doretha that make their way downstairs and reach the bar. Bear holds Astrid in his arms as she dozes in a booth, their love is precious and pure. They are lucky beyond their knowledge.

Dagger slumps down next to me with a whiskey in his hand, he smirks over at me.

"So who knew you had such a hot nurse in your grasp Bror." He teases, my blood is immediately red hot and fuming.

She's ours!

"She's a fucking doctor Dagger, not just a hot nurse."

He scoffs and rolls his eyes, once I would have played ball with his demeaning words about a woman or club whore, but not anymore.

Juliet is the only one to rule my heart. Whether she wants it or not, my heart will always be her's.