Bolt

The suffocating fog from my mind begins to disperse. I pant hard as my chest aches, blinking slowly, I regain control of my vision instead of the beast and I find my brothers looking at me in silence, disgust on their faces.

"W-what..." My throat is clogged with something, my voice slurred with alcohol. "What did I do?"

Dagger purses his lips and shakes his head, still no one will speak.

"Where's Juliet? Where is she! What did I do."

Bear slowly walks towards me, his arms outstretched in an attempt to calm me, it's not working.

"It's alright Bolt. Juliet is with Doretha."

"What did I do?" I grit out again, my fists shaking with the need to punch something. My head is filled with vicious, booming laughter. My father's laughter.

It's Dagger's turn to speak now. "You mocked Juliet for wanting to meet us and the called her your friend-"

My knees go weak and I drop to the floor, my muscles cry out in pain from the hard floor but my brain is too clogged with alcohol for me to recognise it. I press my fist into my forehead, hard, as I try to halt the screams. I've hurt Juliet, again.

I knew you would... we both did... You never deserved her, I just showed her the truth...

"There's more." Dagger continues grimly, my eyes dart up at his form but I can't look at his face, I'm too ashamed.

"You sat fucking Precious on your lap in front Juliet and then proceeded to let her suck on your neck as Juliet cried and begged you to stop. You only did when she licked your ear."

The fog descends once again. Violently and deadly, I'm not aware of my actions or thoughts. I can only watch from the backseat as I toss chairs across the bar. I broke my Juliet's heart, and the worst thing is I can hardly remember what I did.

"Calm the fuck down!"

I find myself pinned to floor under Bear and Dagger, I thrash to escape as images torture my mine. Finally, my breathing begins to slow, my pulse stops thrumming and the weight from my back disappears.

Sitting up aggressively, I stand from the floor. I glare at my brothers, they back away slightly, but I don't care. I revel in their fear.

"Where is she?" My voice is thick, the traces of alcohol seem to have left me. The anger must have burned it away.

"She's with Dot."

I nod and begin to march towards the bar door, heading to my heart. But once again, I find a weight on my arms holding me back.

"Let me go!" I snarl, whirling around on my captor like a wild cat. I look up at my president, his huge figure imposing over me.

"Bolt, you need to back down, get some sleep, sober up and then maybe tomorrow you can see her. If you go there now, like this, you will only make the situation worse."

I growl in frustration but knock my head at him, showing him I will heed his advice. I've been a fucking idiot, worse than words and now I need punishment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning hits me, hard. I haven't drunk like that in weeks, I've been spending my evenings in with Juliet, I've lost my touch with the alcohol. And yet, it's not the hangover that makes my morning agonising, it's the emptiness beside me.

It takes me a second to remember where Juliet is, my arms reach over the bed. Searching for Juliet, until I remember what I did, why she's not by my side.

Groaning, I drag my body from the bed. My beast has been quiet, has stopped laughing, he seems to be in a smug satisfaction that he has destroyed everything.

My body moves on autopilot, I switch of my emotions and thoughts. I move sluggishly through my routine, my heart is whining for Juliet's voice.

Eventually, I can hold off my pining no longer. I eagerly, but also nervously head out of the clubhouse and towards Doretha's cabin.

I knock on the door, my free hand clenching to hide the tremor aching in my chest, the fear of rejection... of losing Juliet.

Doretha opens the door almost immediately, her face is pursed with displeasure directed at me. I wince internally but manage to hide it from the fuming woman. She crosses her arms and taps her foot, I hang my head in shame.

"Doretha, it's not what it looks like I-"

"It looks like you sabotaged your relationship with Juliet because the only other love you've had, you've lost or it's lost you."

I swallow hard and feel reduced back to that 11 year old boy who had stolen his mother's cigarettes, I swore it wasn't what it looked like, but of course it was.

"I-I need help Doretha. I need Juliet."

"She's gone home."

My heart deflates.

"But she did say that if you came to find her, she would be at home today on a day off."

A smile brakes out across my cheeks, it's probably only tiny but to me it feels like a burning sun. I'm already back down the steps of the cabin when Doretha speaks again.

"But Bolt, please just be honest with her. Don't lie to hide your embarrassment, honestly is the only way you're going to get forgiveness."

I nod briefly to her, she smiles softly as she begins to close the door. In the distance, from upstairs, I hear baby Sophia crying. Doretha swiftly disappears from my view.

All I can think of now is getting to Juliet and telling her everything, everything from the day I left her 12 years ago.

Hello my lovely readers,

The next chapter is going to be exciting! I'm hoping to have it up within the next few hours but if I'm too tired it may be up tomorrow xx