Juliet

When I wake, I find my movements restricted. I look down to find Bolt clinging to my torso with his arms wrapped around, his face pressed into my chest. His face looks so peaceful, childlike in his innocence.

Smiling, I trace my fingers through his slightly longer hair. At this angle of his body, I can see his bare back in full view, something I haven't properly been able to do.

It's covered in tattoos, hardly surprising, almost all of Bolt is covered in tattoos. Something else I love about him.

As I trace over the inked patterns on his back with my finger tips, I pause. There are ridges and bumps grooved into his skin. Swallowing hard, I shift, not enough to disturb Bolt, but enough for my vision to improve.

I've been a doctor in the ER for long enough to know the scars of domestic abuse. The scars are hard and faded, old, probably from his childhood. The size of the grooves tells me exactly what what used on my Bolt. A belt.

Sighing, I bite my lip and move my hand away from his back, it's too painful for my chest to bear. I begin to nonchalantly run my fingers through his hair again. His tattoos fascinate me, I don't have any and I don't want any either, but equally they're really fucking hot.

Then, one catches my eye. The tattoo reads in stunning calligraphy 'Did my heart love till now? foreswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night'.

The smile that breaks my lips could light up the room, Romeo and Juliet. My namesake in many ways. Bolt really got my memory etched on to his skin, maybe I'm not the only one who kept loving the other.

Bolt groans slightly in his sleep and pulls me even tighter towards him. I gasp slightly as he squeezes the air from my lungs, Bolt is so much stronger than me that it's no surprise he's almost crushing me in his sleep.

I pull away from him and gasp for air, I hadn't expected this movement to even wake up but he sits upright almost immediately with his eyes wide and frightened.

I wrap my arms around him quickly and soothe him.

"I wasn't going anywhere, I promise, you were just squeezing me."

"Oh." Bolt mumbles as he runs his hands through his hair sleepily. "Sorry I had a nightmare."

"Oh baby..." I pull him back against my chest and stroke his cheek.

Deciding to change the topic to spare Bolt's blushes, I point to the tattoo on his shoulder.

"When did you get this one then?" I tease, tracing over the words until goosebumps appear.

"A month after I left you... it was the day I became a member of the club officially and I got super drunk. It was the first time I'd allowed myself to think of you..."

Swallowing hard, I burrow down under the covers again and press my face into his chest.

"Well I like it." My voice is muffled slightly but I know Bolt heard me.

"Good." He presses a kiss to my hair and then tips my chin upwards so I'm looking up into his eyes. Bolt leans down, his eyes darting down to my lips, I already know what's going to happen.

"Wait!" I exclaim. "I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

"Do you think I care doll?"

Bolt moves so fast I barely have a chance to breathe before his lips are on mine, his tongue exploring my mouth.

The warmth of his bare skin on mine is intoxicating. We had sex less than twelve hours ago but I'm already craving more and from Bolt's hardness pressed into my thigh I'm guessing he is too.