Juliet

~Epilogue~

6 months later

Taking a deep breath, I look into Bolt's eyes as he looks down at his phone. My arms are around his middle as I press my cheek against his chest, I just don't want to look at the plastic stick waiting on the toilet seat.

I feel sick with nerves, Bolt wants this so badly. I want this so badly, I just don't want to let him down.

"Has it been two minutes yet?

Bolt frowns and then kisses the top of my head.

"Not yet, doll. Thirty more seconds."

I huff and press my face deeper into the safety of Bolt. I really want this.

Bolt and I have been trying for a long time, so every month when my period came we were alway disappointed. Yesterday, when Bolt and I were trying my nipples felt sensitive, so sensitive that I couldn't have them by touched. I guess Bolt took notice of that because he kept an eye on me even more than before.

This morning, Bolt pounced on me. Informing me that my period was three hours late. I could see in the plastic bag behind him that it was full of pregnancy tests. I didn't even realise my period was a few hours late, I don't know how Bolt did either. I suspect he has been tracking my cycle obsessively the last six months, it makes me love him even more.

"It's time, love."

Taking a deep breath, I uncurl myself from Bolt and place a hand on my lower abdomen. I so want there to be a baby there.

Swallowing hard, I pick up the plastic with my eyes squeezed shut. I can feel Bolt looking over my shoulder and it gives me the strength to look myself.

Standing proudly on the damp paper are two lines. I'm pregnant.

We're pregnant.

I can hear Bolt's sharp intake of breath and I spin around to throw myself into his arms.

"We're... we're pregnant!" Bolt seems to be at a loss for words as am I.

"We're going to be a family now."

Smiling up at Bolt, I grab his hand and gently pull it down to my stomach where I let it rest over our baby.

We stand there for a moment, we don't speak, we don't move, we just breathe together and savour the moment.

Then, Bolt breaks the peace by bending down and scooping me up into his arms. I squeal in delight and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing his neck as he carries me into our bedroom.

A few months ago Bolt moved out of the clubhouse and into my house. We now live together and life is getting better and better for Bolt being out of that environment. He is still a member of the club, of course, he loves it there, but the clubhouse atmosphere was triggering a lot of his trauma from the past.

Now we can raise our family here and build new, better memories for Bolt to keep close to his heart.

"Bolt, we're going to be parents." I whisper as we lay side by side in bed, my head leaning against Bolt's chest as he looks down at me. We're both laying on our sides and Bolt is trailing his fingers over my body.