Chapter 20: Imperial Palace

"Duke, I want to go out today since it's the last day we're here." Valeria said when they were having breakfast together.

Aelius nodded, wiping his mouth with the napkin, "Where do you want to go?"

"I want to go to the Imperial palace."

"..If that's what you want, we can. I can arrange it."

"Thank you, duke. I will go get ready then."

"Alright."

Valeria left the dining hall and headed back to the room with Myra walking behind her.

"The Imperial palace! How exciting Your Grace! We must make you look the best!" Myra said all fired up.

Valeria nodded but said nothing else.

"Your Grace is there a reason why you want to go to the palace?" Myra asked.

"...I just want to." she muttered.

That wasn't the reason why she wanted to go to the Imperial palace. She wanted to meet the Emperor.

The youngest Emperor who ascended the throne at the age of 20 due to the previous Emperor retiring early to live with his empress peacefully. At first there were disagreements but once he showed how reliable he was as an Emperor, no one disagreed anymore.

That Emperor was Valeria Rubis' childhood friend ever since they were children.

He was also a secret love character in the game and would only unlock when all routes have been completed. Valeria thought of visiting him at least once as the latest memory of him was him congratulating her wedding.

It was years ago already. They haven't spoken since then however she did find a few letters sent by him.

Myra dressed her into a white flowy dress; the sleeves were long and translucent which stopped just before her wrists, lace design that went around her upper waist and chest area. It was a dress Valeria would be able to breathe in without any difficulties.

Her hair was naturally wavy so it was put into a half-updo with a white silk bow securing it in place. Her makeup was light and natural and for accessories; a pair of pearl earrings, necklace and cream coloured ruby heels. Valeria looked at her reflection, moving her dress left and right before nodding.

"It's beautiful." she said her tone had a slight inflation, showing her delight.

Myra smiled happily at her hard work before sending her off. "Please stay safe and remember to take your medicine, Your Grace! I have placed it into this small bag so you can bring it around."

Valeria obediently listened to her. Myra reminded her of a mother. When Myra was done talking, she left the estate with Aelius who was dressed in a white collar shirt paired with his dark blue coat and dress pants.

Reaching the imperial palace took an hour and when they reached, they were stopped by the imperial guards but after taking one look inside their carriage, they bowed and allowed them in.

When the carriage stopped, Aelius got down first and extended his hand towards Valeria. She took in and slowly got down, trying not to get her dress dirty.

Valeria pulled her hand away when Aelius showed his arm towards her. She stared at it, not understanding what he wanted her to do.

Seeing how she didn't understand, he felt slightly embarrassed.

"I thought we should...link arms.." he muttered, his words barely registering in her head.

"Oh." was all she could say but did as he said, linking her left arm with his right arm.

She turned her head forward, missing the small smile Aelius had on his face.

They walked inside the imperial palace with a maid showing them to where the waiting room was. Valeria didn't feel nervous but felt her fingers tingling a bit as they got closer to the waiting room.

"His Imperial Majesty will be here soon." the maid said, bowing before leaving her and Aelius in the waiting room.

She stared at the table. They had already prepared food and drinks for them. She didn't feel like eating so she only stared at it before she heard Aelius' voice.

"Wife, you can walk around the imperial palace." he said, his hand reaching out for a scone on the plate of food the servants prepared for them.

"What about you?" she asked.

"I will wait here for the emperor."

"Is it really alright to walk around?"

"Yes wife, nobody will stop you because you are the duchess. If anything I will protect you." he firmly said.

Valeria didn't say more and nodded.

"I'll be back soon." she said and left the waiting room.

Aelius looked down at the scone in his hand before biting into it. He wondered if the tips of those books he read was working, he hoped to be a good husband to her.

Valeria slowly walked through the opened hallways and just like Aelius had said, nobody stopped her, only greeting her with a bow before they continued with their job.

This brought her relief as she didn't want people coming up to her. Her relief came to a halt when she realised she had walked too far and she now had no idea where she was.

She looked around, hoping to find a servant she could ask to bring her back but there was none in sight. She sighed, internally telling herself to focus more the next time.

As she tried to retrace her footsteps she heard other footsteps coming towards her.

"Valeria?" a voice called out to her.

It was husky and entrancing. Valeria turned behind to see a silver blue haired man standing there with a slightly surprised look plastered on his face.

He had lime green almond shaped eyes, a v-shape jawline, a perfect shaped nose with a high nosebridge and thin pinkish lips. Valeria showed him a small smile before lifting the hems of her skirt up, giving a curtsy bow.

"May the heavens and gods above bless you for eternity, Imperial Majesty."

---

Author's note: ヾ(^▽^*))) new character has joined the party