two

Olivia and Fin both walk into the formers office, inside they find Antonella sat on the couch, Alejandro in her arms looking half the six feet and eighteen years he really is. Both stop at the doorway just for a second to take in the scene. Despite the circumstances both find themselves smiling just briefly, smiling because of how far the mother and son had come in the fourteen years since they had last seen them and yet the scene is familiar to one all that time ago, reminiscent of a traumatised eighteen year old girl holding her almost five year old child.

"Are you ready to speak to us Alejandro?" Olivia softly asks.

"Can my mama stay with me?" The boy asks pulling his head away from where it had been resting in the crook of his mothers neck only to show his now bright red eyes from his crying.

"Of course" Fin nods giving a reassuring smile.

"Why don't you both come through to an interview room?" Olivia asks with a nod.

Antonella stands up first and then she offers a supportive hand to her son, Alejandro takes her hand and as soon as he stands the woman wraps a comforting arm around his waist.

"Va a estar bien mijo. Solo diles la verdad." (It's going to be okay my son. Just tell them the truth) Antonella whispers softly as she guides him out of the office and towards the interview room.

"Can I get either of you a drink?" Olivia asks as she ushers them into the room.

Both mother and son say no. Alejandro follows his mother and he pulls out a chair for her before he takes the seat next to her.

"If you change your mind just let us know okay?" Olivia asks smiling and then she and Fin both take a seat across from the mother and son.

"Okay, lets start" Fin says "why don't you start by telling us what you do remember about Friday night?" He says.

Alejandro looks nervous at first, seeing this Antonella rests a gentle hand on his shoulder and gives it a comforting squeeze.

———

On the upper east side Amanda and Sonny pull up outside a nice house, neither of them get out of the car for a moment as the former turns to the man and gives him a questioning look.

"You buying the kids I don't remember anything story?" Amanda asks with a scoff.

"Look I saw the kid, if he's lying he should win an award. Those tears were real" Sonny tells the blonde woman.

"Look I'm just saying that maybe Liv and Fin are too close to this, with their history with the mother. I mean what was all that about not saying anything else without his mother? He's eighteen and he was more than willing to talk by the looks of things." Amanda continues on.

"Look lets just get the girls side of the story before we jump to any sort of conclusions"Sonny tells the woman before he gets out of the car. A moment later Amanda gets out of the car and follows him towards the door.

They walk up the stoop and knock on the door. They're not left waiting long before a petite woman who looks to be in her late 40's to early 50's answers the door.

"Yes?" The woman asks, a polite smile on her face.

"SVU, Detective Rollins and this is my partner Detective Carisi. We're looking for a Valerie Jones." Amanda tells the woman as the two of them show her their badges.

"I'm her mother... is something wrong?" The woman asks, the smile falling from her face a look of worry replacing it.

"Valerie has accused a boy of raping her ma'am" Amanda gently tells the woman after sharing a confused look with Carisi.