4

"I see you changed your number, that's why you don't get my calls."

Rosé's POV

I was busy packing my things when suddenly my phone rang. I checked my phone to see who it was and it was Lisa.

She suddenly told me that she wants to hang out, fortunately, I'm free for the rest of the day and I really miss that Monkey. 

Lisa... she was like everything to me when we were young. When she left Thailand to study in Korea, I did everything I could to find her here. Actually, I got a huge crush on her, especially now that she matured. I hope she's not in a relationship, maybe I have a chance.

I'm currently in a coffee shop a few blocks from my apartment waiting for her. While scrolling through my social medias, someone spoke, "Excuse me miss? Is this seat taken?"

"I'm sorry, I'm actually waiting for someone." I said, without looking up, but the person sat anyway.

"Hey! I told you–" I was about to snap the crap out of the person but when I look up, it was her, my childhood crush. "Jeez, Lili! I was about to snap at you!"

She only chuckled, "Calm down, chipmunk." She stood up and gave me a hug before going back to her seat. "So, how are you Chaeng?"

I smiled at her, "I'm actually doing great, currently working at some company here. How about y–" I was about to ask her back but I noticed her eyes are a little bit puffy, "Lili? Are you okay?" 

She gave me a confused look, "Yes, why?" I shook my head. "Oh, nothing. But are you sure you're okay?" I asked her again, but she only nodded and smiled at me.

There's really something wrong with her but I don't wanna push her to open up to me, maybe soon. I'll just wait for her when she's ready.

"Anyway, what company do you work at?" She asked, changing the topic.

"Oh, I work at M.Corp as a Marketing Director." She got shocked for a bit, and cleared her throat. "Really? Who is the CEO there?" She asked, curiously.

To be honest, I really haven't seen the CEO, but there are a lot of rumors about him/her. That person is really mysterious.

I only shrugged, "I don't know. I haven't seen the CEO." She nodded and told me about herself also.

We've been talking for hours already and I learned that she has a girlfriend for 4 years now named Jennie Kim. The way her eyes sparkle whenever she mentions her name, I could tell that she's really inlove. But there's something really off about her when she talked about their 4th anniversary, she sounded sad and disappointed.

"Lili, where are you planning to wor–" I was cutted off by the continuous ringing of her phone, but she's only ignoring it, "I think you should get that." I said, pointing at it. But instead of picking it up, she turned her phone off.

She smiled at me, "It's not really important, so let's go back to the topic." I nodded and continue what I was saying.

***

"Thanks for the time, Chaeng." Lisa said, while giving me a hug before bidding me goodbye. "Are you sure you don't need a lift home?" I asked.

She shook her head, "No, I'm fine taking the cab. Take care!" I smiled at her and bid her goodbye before going to my car.

On my way home, I saw a familiar girl walking. "Hey, Unnie!" I called her, she also works at M.Corp. "Do you need a ride?" She smiled and nodded, I opened the passenger's door for her to enter.

"Thank you so much, Rosé." She said while fixing the seat belt. "My car broke down yesterday and I need to get it fixed, that's why I'm only taking the cab." 

I nodded, "Too bad, are you heading home?"

"Yes, I need to make dinner before my girlfriend comes home, you also should come." She said, smiling at me.

I agreed with her and we went straight to her house. While waiting for her to finish cooking, I texted Lisa, asking her if she arrived home safely, but I haven't gotten a single reply from her so I shrugged it off.

I heard a door open and revealed a woman. "Babe! I'm home!" She shouted and looked at me. "Oh, hi there! You must be Rosé?" She said, offering me her.

I took her hand, "Yes, and you must be..." she smiled at me, "I'm Seulgi, Irene's girlfriend."

"Dinner's ready!" Irene called and I chuckled, "We're coming, Unnie!" I got up and went to the dining table together with Seulgi.

While eating, I asked Irene some questions about M.Corp, "Have you even seen the CEO? I mean, you're the secretary, right?"

Unfortunately, she shook her head, "I've seen the CEO once, but just a glimpse of her."

Ohh.. So the CEO is a woman, I wonder who she is. "Really? But I thought you are the secretary? How did you manage to do all the stuff when you haven't seen her?" I asked her out of curiosity.

"Her assistant is the one telling me what stuffs to do, so yeah..." She shrugged. I only nodded and continued eating.

After eating, we talked for a while before preparing to head home, Seulgi is quite funny honestly, I had so much fun talking to them. "Thank you for the food, Irene Unnie and nice meeting you Seul" I said while bidding them goodbye.

"Anytime, Rosé. Take care and see you tomorrow!" I gave them a smile before entering the car and heading home.