16

"Ain't no looking back, now you're dead and gone. My love is gone too."

Jennie's POV

6 months later...

I and Lisa never spoke after what happened six months ago, only Hi's and Hello's whenever we bumped into each other and nothing more.

I'm still in the process of moving on. A lot has happened after that, my parents knew about what happened to me and Kai, they withdrew their share from Kai's company, I and Kai got divorced and my parents even asked for my forgiveness.

They knew about Lisa already and they want me to get back to her but I told them that it's too late now, she is already happy with someone else. They understand though and they never stop proving themselves to me that they are sorry about what happened before. I even found out that my Dad called Lisa before, I was hurt when he told me that but I eventually forgave him.

I'm currently busy working on my computer when I heard a knock.

"Come in!" I shouted, not taking my eyes off of the screen.

My secretary came in holding something. "Miss Kim..." She said.

"What's that?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, this?" She said, raising it. "This is for you..." Handing it to me.

I took it and nodded at her. "You may go now Miss Hwang, thanks."

She bowed and went out of my office.

I curiously look at what she handed and it turned out to be an envelope.

I think it's a... 

I anxiously opened it and there... my heart dropped.

I scoffed upon reading the date

I scoffed upon reading the date. Seriously? September 23? Our Anniversary? 

"Ugh! I won't go!" I said, throwing the invitation away.

"Hey! What do you mean 'you won't go'? Where?" I flinched when I heard Jisoo's voice. When did she even get here?

I rolled my eyes at her. "Don't you know how to knock?" 

"Woah there Jenjen! Why are you grumpy all of the sudden? Is it about the–"

"Don't!" I quickly cut her off. "I don't wanna hear about that nor talk about it."

She sighed and picked up the invitation. "But Jen..."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "No, Unnie."

"Are you not going?"

I only shook my head, not looking at her.

Jisoo went near me, placing the invitation on my desk. "Think about it, Jen. She would be happy if you'll show yourself to the wedding..." She said and walked out of my office.