30

Looking out over the field from the school rooftop, Gyunghui clenched the slip of paper in her hand, a whole ocean of different emotions flooding her mind.

'meet me at the rooftop at lunch. I know you don't wanna see me but I really need to talk to you'

It took everything in her to be there. She knew exactly who it was who put that note in her locker and most of her wanted to just throw it in the bin and ignore that it ever existed, but a small part of her just wanted to know. Why? Why did he do it? Why did he suddenly change his mind? Why did he care so much?

As much as she wanted to turn around and leave, she felt glued to the ground, her body refusing to move as she waited for him to meet her.

"You came."

Gyunghui tensed up when hearing a familiar voice behind her, faint but still scary to her.

"I'm not turning around. You have five minutes and then I'm leaving." Gyunghui demanded simply, wanting as little contact with him as possible. She could barely stand to speak to him, nevermind look at him.

"I know everything I'm about to say probably won't mean anything to you after what I've done, but the very least I can do is say sorry-"

"Sorry my ass, you couldn't care less." Gyunghui interrupted, feeling her eyes well up already. Whether he meant it or not, she still refused to take it to simply cover up everything that he'd done to her.

"Gyunghui what I did to you was the biggest mistake of my life. I was and still am just a jackass who cares too much about himself rather than how others are feeling." Taehyung admitted, swallowing his pride and coming to terms with himself.

"You're just realising this now?" Gyunghui argued, leaning her arms on the wall as her gaze stayed focused on the school field.

"I was stupid. If only I'dve realised how amazing and how genuine you are sooner. I hate that I treated you that way without truly knowing you and I've never regretted anything more." Taehyung continued, his eyes becoming watery, "But I do know you now. You're kind, you're funny, you're understanding. You're one of a kind Hui and I was a fool not to notice. I'm sorry, I am deeply sorry for everything that I've done and if I could take it all back then I would. No matter how long I've truly known you, I really care about you. You've changed me. I don't know how but you have. You brought out the better in me and I don't expect you to forgive me but I just needed you to know." struggling to hold back his tears, Taehyung bit his lip, waiting for Gyunghui to say something...anything.

Gyunghui gulped. She turned around slowly, finally coming face to face with him. She could see the redness of his cheeks, the water and sincerity in his eyes.

"You shouldn't have to know someone to treat them like a human being. That's the difference between me and you Taehyung." Gyunghui retorted in a soft tone, barely having the confidence to speak. Without a second thought she lowered her head and walked straight past him. "You made a judgement and that's on you." She added before leaving Taehyung alone on the roof, in silence and dumbfounded.