Dan's Next Act

Dateline: July 25th, 2000

It was a regular day at the Radcliffe household until Marcia decided to take a step further along with Dan's role as Harry Potter and Young David Copperfield. The decision? Start in another movie whilst working on the current one, and she found the perfect film for Dan to audition, The Tailor of Panama. At breakfast, Marcia told Dan that she signed him up for a new movie that will start immediately tomorrow until Mid-August.

"Alright, so best of luck on your audition. I hope you'll do good along with your role with Emma!" Marcia said, "Oh, don't forget, like I always say, 'If you're nervous, breathe in, breathe out, and stay calm and collected when you're doing your tests.' I hope you'll do great, just like your David Copperfield audition."

"I'll always remember that, always," replied Dan as he gave his Mom a bear hug

Dateline: 3:30 PM in Emma's Room

Both are reading Prisoner of Azkaban to themselves until Dan breaks the ice to Emma.

"Hey, Emma." he said as she looked up from the book, "I got some bad news. Sorry if I didn't mention this earlier, but I don't think I'll be at the first press conference for The Philosopher's Stone. My mum told me that there's another film that I have to do called The Tailor of Panama. So before you come at me and punch me in the face, Yes, I will be available for the start of Filming of The Philosopher's Stone. Towards the middle of August, I will come back for filming. I don't know what to do while I'm at a different place than Leavesden, and I'll miss you a lot, most of all." He finished as he began to cry.

Emma walked towards Dan tentatively and placed a hand on Dan's shoulder, making him feel a little better. Before Dan could say another word, she quickly kissed him, accepting his apology.

"Emma, I don't know what to do. How can I study some of the important parts of the script without me at the press conference, and more importantly, how can I even get the script?" Dan asked, bemused.

"I'll ask Chris immediately tomorrow if you can have a copy of the script, and if that doesn't work out, you can always borrow mine, and we can study together. So don't worry one bit; we'll handle this together." Emma finished as she gave him a bone-crushing hug that nearly knocked him on the bed, and they fell asleep in each other's arms.

After all the talks he had with Emma, this was his most difficult one with her because he didn't know if this ended his relationship with her or even his friendship that would collapse to the ground. It's lucky that Emma has his side every time, even when he's sad, angry, having a bad day, discussing stressful things that are happening, and so much more.

Tomorrow is a new day for Dan, his first day on the set for The Tailor of Panama with Pierce Brosnan, Geoffrey Rush, and Jamie Lee Curtis. However, all he can think about right now is himself hoping that Emma gets a copy of Dan's script for The Philosopher's Stone.