xxiv - gotcha

ALEX POV●

"You," he said it in such a low and chilling way , my fist tightened.

I looked over at the detectives, "You guys need to move in NOW!" There was no way I was going to keep Nik in danger like that . He's too close and the way he has a hold on Shirley , he looks like he's purposefully trying to squeeze her to death.

The whole display is enraging me and I need to jump in. I have to jump in. The love of my life is literally in the firing line. I have no clue what he's going to do next. Because he's proven he's capable of evil . He lacks empathy and any sense of morals.

"Mr. Wells, we have officers already moving in on his location. We have snipers on the rooftops if he decides to get creative. Just be patient," the detective tries to calm me down.

And just like he said, within 60 seconds I watched two men in casual clothing approach, while a couple more men  come in from the other side . I recognize some or the female cops that are also wearing casual clothing.

They're on top of Rick quickly. He didn't get a chance to lay a hand on Nikki . And we were just told that they got all the evidence they needed from his room to get him behind bars.

I watch Shirley fall into Nikki's arms as she cradles her. My sweet angel is trying to reassure that that woman is safe now . Shirley doesn't deserve her sympathy or her kindness, buy Nik wouldn't have it any other way . She believes in forgiveness but I also know she doesn't give too many chances away . Just because she forgives doesn't mean she'll allow that person back.

"THIS ISN'T OVER!" we hear Rick yell over at the women as he's being shoved into the back of the police vehicle.

Yes it is.

Shirley was taken away to be interviewed with the police . Although she didn't commit physical violence towards Nikki, she also wasn't innocent in all of this . I'm not sure what plea deal she'll get for cooperating but she will be paying for her part in some way .

I made my way passed the small crowd that has gathered. Through the group of officers and right up to my woman . I grab her mid sentence and hug her close to me . Interview be damned, I need to feel her safe in my arms.

"I'm okay, we got him," she says softly.

Stroking her hair and breathing her calming scent in , "I know, I was just so worried," my voice cracked slightly , "I will do everything I can to always protect you. This was one of those instances I couldn't be physically next to you and it nearly killed me."

"Alex, I'm fine. We got him . We can finally move on without having to worry anymore," she holds me tighter.

"Ahem," the detective clears his throat. "If you don't mind, I need to finish this interview and then you two lovebirds can go."

2 WEEKS LATER

"His arraignment is on Monday," Nikki reminds me. 

"How does that make you feel?" I ask her.

"Like I'm learning about that man for the first time. I spoke to those women the other day," she begins to recount , "and I really feel like I got away before it was really bad. I didn't know he was such a sociopath . I feel bad for some of the families."