Chapter 6

"Happy?" Matt called, as I splashed around in the water.

"Very!" I cried, swimming on my back. The water felt cool and refreashing on my face, as I swam in my pants and tank top, that I had fallen asleep in, under my sweater. And since the water didn't bother me at all, I chose swimming in the clothes.

"Can we leave now?" Matt complained.

"No!" I cried, holding my breath, and diving down into the river. It was a small like a creek, and nothing more then a few fish swimming by quickly, along with the creatures under the rocks.

Although I had my mother to save, and the rest of the world, I chose to sit in water, and just relax.

Soon, I popped my head up to see nothing but a dark sky, and to find Matt leaning against the tree, with his legs propped up, hiding what he was doing. He had gone back further in the woods, so he wouldn't be seen by a passing boat or passing people. I had only known Matt was hidden behind a tree, because he had told me when I hopped in the water.

I stood up out of the water, and walked over to Matt. I leaned over him to see what he was doing. But as I did, a drop of water slipped from my hair, and dropped on Matt's chest. He jumped us with a yelp, and dropped my dads book.

"Could you not drip water on me?" He cried, almost jumping out of his jeans. I picked up dad's book, sweeping off the dirt off the large leather cover.

"Could you not read my dads book?" I asked back, and Matt glared at me.

"Oh I'm sorry, what could I, FireBoy possibly do, to your leather and highly flamable book?" Matt gave a split smile, holding up his pointer finger, that had a red and orange flame on the end if it. He took a step closer towards me, pointing his finger at me.

"Stay away from my book!" I cried, taking a bubble of water from the river, and using it as defense.

Taking the flame from his finger, and growing it to the size of my water bubble.

"Try me WaterGirl!" He smiled. pushing the water towards him, it slithered around him like a snake, as he dodged it, but it chased after him. He added the fire as a snake, and forced it towards me. I jumped over it, still controlling mine. Glancing at Matt every once in a while, and still clinging onto the book, I saw him focusing on the flames instead of his steps. I saw this as a chance to break the snake into two, and using the new one to wrap around Matt's ankle, causing him to trip and fall. His leg hissed where the water wrapped a tightly around him, making his body hiss.

"I give up?" I asked with a smile.

"lady's first." The heat from a flame dropped down on my back, making me throw my book the opposite way the flames were coming from. Causing to slid from both me and Matt's grip, and dropping to the ground, I could hear the hissing. I laid completely still, not moving at all. I only heard the hissing and felt the pain when I moved, as I laid under the net like flames. "Had enough?" Matt asked, not moving either.

"See you in the morning Matthews." I smiled, holding the water still, I had never held water all night. I laid my head down on the ground. I felt like I could possibly sleep like this. He laughed, knowing I was stuck as much as he was. I heard hissing coming from him, telling me he was settling down to get comfortable.

It was about an hour or something later. There hadn't been a noise from Matt, who's light had went down. Before in the dark, I could take a guess where he was, and before be correct. Now, the only source of light was the net that layed over me, hissing if I moved too much. The book lay inches away from the net. I touched the flame, seeing how it was just lines of flames that burned. With some water, I could get out. Bringing a bubble from the water, I dragged it over the net, hovering right over me. Me, being in control of water, I could get out of a flame net, by using water. Matt couldn't get out of my watery grip until I released him. I dropped the bubble, and the water splashed over me, burning out the fire. And Matt didn't even flinch.

I smiled, as I stood up and stretched my muscles. I heard creaks after creaks, as I groaned to creak my arms, fingers, back, and neck. Then reaching for my book, I froze seeing a Wild Jack Dog peer at me. I hadn't heard of them to be this close to humans before.

It took a step closer.

Correcting myself, I remembered I wasn't human.

It took the book in its mouth, and began to run.

I didn't yell, or scream, or go back to sleep. Instead I chased after it, leaving Matt's water snake following me like a pet, as it splashed on the tree leaveing watery marks in our path.