Chapter 8

I gripped the metal tray in my hand. Sue had asked me to bring the upstairs men some drinks. Now I was walking up the stairs to the top of the windmill. Behing at the top of the stairs, a door was the only thing blocking me from the stale smelling room, making me wonder if Marty was smoking.

They were a cute little family, trying to keep their lives moving with a fire element poping in everynow and then.

The thing that bothered me was the baby, when he blew the water from my hand, it had a little more strength then a regular baby would.

I opened up the door, gasping at the stale smoke smell that was worse then outside.

Worse then a burning building.

Matt sat, with his back to the door, while 2 other men sat on the other sides of the triangle table. In the poorly lit room.

"Hey Emma." Marty grinned. Emma brought the tray to the table, to see a deck of cards in the middle, and each of them holding a few cards in their hand.

"Sue just wanted me to bring you guys a few drinks." I choaked down coughs, trying to last until I get back down to the kitchen.

"Thanks Emma." Matt hadn't glanced up from his cards, trying to play his oppenits. She left the tray, and moved to the stairs, once the door was shut they guys began to talk.

"So Matty, what do you have to gamble with tonight?" The other guy asked Matt. As the two man, poured out their bags of coins.

"These." I heard two coins drop on the table.

"Matty? Is something wrong" Marty asked.

"Nothing, we have to save money for the trip. We have to eat." He said.

"Matthews. Your going to gamble with two coins?" The other man, with a sretchy throat asked. He sounded older then Marty, and as if he smoked for years.

"yep. I have two more if I need it." Matt told the two.

"Is that because of the lady in blue?" The older man asked. Marty had no intention of stopping him.

"Emma is not the cause of anything." Matt told him. "Unless you want the world to be in a captivity like a wild animal for the rest of the years, until all of socity dies again, and we have to wait for a new ruler to rise, and hope he or she is better then the steel man we have now." He seemed to smile when he said this next thing' "Then in that case, you can blame Emma for me wanting to save a few coins, bladness, and the reason your ex wife left you for a younger man."

I thought the older man would slap Matt across the face, but instead he broke out in a horse laughter.

His laughter was so loud, I took this time to rush down the stairs, and back into the kitchen.

"Did Matt say anything about his ex-wife?" Sue asked when I was finally down stairs. Sue was working over the sink, washing dishes as the man contiuned to laugh.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You were upstairs listening to the men speak. Don't worry I do it all the time." She told me. "Useally that old man breaks out laughter like that, when Matt mentions his ex-wife." Suesan wiped her hands on a towel and began to put the now clean dishes away. "I say anything, my father-in-law hates me for the rest of the week. Marty, and they'll be a big red mark across his face."

"I was playing with Ryan." I lied. And Sue glared at me, knowing I was lieing.

A bubbly talk tried to repeat what I had just said, from behind the counter. I peeked over, and saw the baby looking up at me smiling, and chewing on a block.

"You can't lie to a mother with one baby, one element, and one husband. So 3 kids." She smiled. She picked up the baby, and smiled. "Can you take Ryan to bed for me?" She asked, and I argee'd I would.

Once the laghter was finally done, I brought the baby to his room, laying him down in the bed.

"Is someone tired?" I asked, the baby, as he sat on his butt.

"Emma." Matt hopped down the few last stairs, and rushed into the babys room. "I need the two other coins." He told her. I sighed, knowing he had lost the two before, and pulled out the last two coins, leaving them in the plam of her hand. Matt took the coins, in exchange for a bag filled with them.

"Woah, how much did you get?" I asked, pulling the bag in my pocket.

"Doesn't matter, but I can get more." He smiled, sounding for once excited. "Hey Ryan." Matt hovered over the crib, placing his flame covered finger into the crib next to the baby.

He blew it out, using all his stregnth, and once the flame was gone he laughed.

"Matt, did you do that?" I asked, and he shook this head no.

"I always do this, and I have never stopped the flame before he blew it out." Matt told me.

"He's stronger then normal babys." I pointed out, and Matt nodded his head.

"Sue and Marty would kill me if they hear me say this but, Ryan might be an element." I could only picture what element he could possiably be.

"Wind?" I asked, as Ryan blew out the flame on Matt's finger again.