Chapter 2

"Emma!" Mom called, and as she did, I was running back to the house, as if she had called me a second ago

"Yes mother?" I said, smiling as if I wasn't doinging anything. Her arms crossed, as she stood in the doorway of the kitchen. Her brown hair was pulled back, which occured to me she was attempting to make dinner.

"what were you doing out there? I didn't see you at the pond." She told me. I opened my mouth to speak, only feeling myself try and figure out what to say.

"well, I saw an animal. you know, a Wild Jack dog." I started. "And he, was coming closer to me. So as dad told me, I have to run North. So I started up North, trying to escape his gasp-" my mother stoped me.

"Emma. you were trying to go out of bounderies." Mom reminded me. "You know that if Steel finds you, he'll take you away!" mom said, shifting her weight to her other leg. "And if he takes you away, then who will be the apple of my eye?" She asked, placing her hands on my cheeks. I smiled, knowing she meant well, and knew what was best for me. but she wasn't like me. she was a normal human being. With no powers at all. Only the fact being is that I had them unforunitly.

I'm a element holder. Water. and as the water element, I have to de-thrown the King. King Steel.

or so Dad had said. Mom doesn't like the fact how I could die from the king.

"I know mom." I told her with a groan I had been holding in for sometime. "So when can I go and de-thrown King Steel?" I asked.

"Emma. When you learn how to win a fight between you and a man, then I will personly cheer you on like I'm a soccor mom!" She cried with a smile. "Now come help me set the table." She said, closing the back door. I followed her into the kitchen where I was handed 2 wet plates, along with a 2 knives, 2 forks, and 2 cups. I went over to the dining table, and began setting the table. I looked above the table, where a mirror sat, in the corner of the mirror was a picture of me, dad, and mom, when I was a little girl.

In the mirror was a girl with skin slightly blue, and pulled back blond hair, with small blue highlights that seem to get darker as I slept. I tilted my head slightly, wondering when my highlights had gotton so blue.

I was holding the plates side ways, making the left over beads of water drip to the kitchen floor. Making my small Grinch smile grow larger. Staring at the drops of waters, they slowly began moving closer to one and other. While keeping an eye on my mother as she washed the rest of the dishes, I picked up the soapy water. It moved in my hand, like a baby animal. I moved to my mother, and slid the water down the back of her shirt.

"Emma!" She cried, while laughing. "Take it out of my shirt now!" She cried.

"You deserve it for giving me wet plates." I laughed. collecting the water that sat soaking the back of her shirt into my hands. "Should have let me do the dishes." I smiled, petting the little bubble of water that sat in my hand, as if it were a pet.

"Last time I let you touch the dishes I had to buy new ones." Mom pointed out, holding out her hand for the water. As I put the water pet into my mothers hand it dropped, filling her hand like the soapy water it was. She dropped the water into the sink, and shook off her hand, making even more droplets go to the floor. And stepped on them, before I could make the effort to save the tiny droplets. I countined setting the table, putting the two yellow plates on two of the 3 green and white plaid table mat.

"So about the Wild Jack Dog excuse. When did you start using that one?" Mom asked me, moving the bowl of noddles to the dinning table.

"That old thing?" I asked, grabbing the sliver wear and placing it where it needed to go. "I'm not sure. but it just came to me!" I said, with a smile, and sitting down in my seat, whiling putting some noddles on my plate.