14

"How was work today?"

"Don't even ask I'm being sued, because I neglected my patient, 33 year old female comes to the hospital signs of abuse I call the police she shouts at me and leaves without notice, two weeks later she comes I tell her she might need to stay the night she stays husband comes over forces her to go home, then next day she's brought in with bruises all over her stomach and she lost the baby, the husband is suing me for neglecting his wife" Emily let out frustrated.

"Woah"

"I know and I'm trying to get the wife to turn on her husband cause he's been abusing her and he murdered their child"

"You deal with this on a regular?" William asked handing her a drink.

"Nope not getting sued but abusive husband's who murder their children and wife does nothing about it? Yes, and we're always blamed" Emily sighed taking his drink and gulping it.

"Woah" William whispered as she put the glass down, "Don't judge"

"I'm not judging," he said holding his hands up in surrender.

"Well your judgemental eyes are burning holes through my head" she mumbled taking another gulp.

"Are you scared?"

"No this isn't the first time, but you know what I need right now?" Emily said grinning at William.

"This is amazing," Emily said as she drank her wine, "Oh yeah this is definitely what I needed" Emily sighed as she leaned back against the chair

"I'm going to start ordering my steak from here, how come I never knew of this place?" She asked as they walked out of the small diner.

"I just found out about it now, Harry told me about it, said Chelsy took him here"

"Chelsy? His girlfriend right?"

"Yeah you've met her once, that time of the concert and the wedding"

"Oh yeah I remember her," Emily said recalling the blonde girlfriend of Harry's, "We should go out for dinner sometime"

"Sure"

"Are we going to my place?"

"Unless you want to go to mine"

"You mean your dads?" She asked with a laugh.

"Very funny, but not for long, would you consider moving to Anglesey with me?" He asked as they reached her apartment.

"What?"

"Next year I'm going to Wales, I wanted to give you some time to think about it but, I'll be moving there beginning of next year," he said as he pressed her floor number.

"Oh that's in 6 months, I'm not so sure" Emily answered hesitantly, "I mean I have my job here, and it was difficult getting this job, now you want me to move, I don't think I'd be able to do that,"

"What if you got a job there?"

"I'm not sure yet, I'd need some time to think," Emily replied in a hushed voice, "Let's not talk about this right now," she said taking his hand and gently squeezing it.

"Fine," William let out with a defeated sigh.

*****

"How far do you think your relationship is going to go?" Allison questioned looking at her friend.

"I don't know but moving to Wales with him? I mean I'm not sure if it was just outside London I'd go for it but Wales, I don't know I'm not sure about Wales," Emily breathed out going through Allison's wardrobe.

"Look Em, I don't think I should be giving you advice about this just to talk to William and see where your both willing to comprise,"

"Whatever..." Emily said with an eye roll, "So what's this guys name?"

"It's a blind date Emily, hence the 'blind' part," Allison smartly replied as Emily threw her a dress.

"That's slutty screams, I want to get fucked tonight," Brad announced entering Allison's room.

"He's right," Allison said shaking her head, "I want him to like me but not think she's an easy fuck,"

"Who's he?" Brad questioned confused.

"We don't know," Emily said causing him to frown.

"Are you sure about this?" He questioned looking at his friends warily, "I mean who set you up?"

"My boss"

"What!?" Brad and Emily cried out at the same time looking at their friend in shock.

"That old thing?" Brad asked causing Emily to laugh, yeah he was quite old.

"Yeah, he knows people my age," Allison said with a shrug.

"Are you that desperate?" Emily asked appalled.

"What? Em, I'm not desperate, I just want to go out have fun,"

"I mean why not go out with us? We're fun" Emily gestured to herself and Brad.

"No you're not, the only fun thing you've done we had forced you to do it and you met William who made kind of pushed you back into your shell," Allison explained causing Emily to frown.

"I'm he didn't push me back I'm just comfortable with him," Emily said looking at Brad for support but he just shrugged his shoulders.

"If you're so comfortable why are you questioning the move then?"

"Because Allison I'll have to leave you guys, my job, my family!" Emily shouted put angrily.

"If I was dating a Prince and he asked me to swim across the ocean I would do it in a heartbeat,"

"Well I'm sorry we all can't be like you Allison, drop our whole lives for a guy," Emily said to her friend walking out the room, "Good luck on your date, we'll call in 30 minutes," Emily mumbled walking over to her room.

"Was I mean? I mean she kind of started the whole argument but was I mean?" Allison inquired staring at her friend.

"I don't know, you both mean well but you just don't know how to communicate your thoughts to one another, as long as you're happy and he's hot some old bold guy," Brad joked making Allison laugh, "But don't tell Em I said that,"

"I won't," Allison declared smiling at Brad, he always managed to make her and Em smile.

"Good luck sweets," Brad waved Allison of.

"How did she say it's going?" Emily questioned asked after Brad hung up.

"Quite good actually, she says he's not that old just two years older than her he's a lawyer too, but he's into the financial side, I don't remember the word she used and oh not to forget his blue eyes they look like the ocean," Brad explained as Emily rolled her eyes.

"So it's going well great," she mumbled walking back to her room.

"Hey about the moving situation, I might not know the whole story but take a chance, Emily, you've always been a stickler for the rules why not break them this once?" He enquired as Emily nodded her head.