18

"Em breakfast is ready," her mother announced startling her as she put her book down.

"Can I eat up here?"

"No come on the sun is out and we're having breakfast in the garden,"

Emily groaned as she stood up going to put on a sweater as her mother waited for her.

"You can go down I'll be there," Emily stated with a eye roll.

"Okay but I'll come fetch if you take your sweet time," Lucy said with a chuckle making Emily give her a small barely noticeable smile.

Emily sat back on the bed with a heavy sigh, last night she'd dreamt she had a baby, and that was the happiest she'd ever seen herself, smiling down at the baby, hearing her heartwarming giggles as they played tag, and then she woke up and realised she'd failed the baby, it was depending on her but she failed it, how could a mother fail her own child, if she couldn't carry a child for nine months then what was her purpose on this earth  (A/n remember not all women think the same when it comes to children and this is her point of view) , yes she had her career and all but she wanted that baby more and if she had to give up her career to have it she would in a heartbeat, you never realise how important something is until you loose it and that's what happened with her, and oh William he didn't want to hear from her now but how could she hide something like that from him, how would he feel if he found out about it later on, would he be angry at her or would he be thankful that she didn't ruin his image cause he was already going back to his old ways she saw it in the few glimpses she had of him on tv, he wasn't her sweet William anymore.

Sitting up with a sigh, she looked at herself in the mirror for a second she swore her belly had been a bit rounder, like it was carrying a baby, but all that was in her head, there was no baby and there probably would never be one.

"Will?" She questioned looking down at the staircase to be met with her ex boyfriend and her mum.

Tears started gathering in her eyes as she looked at him, she'd failed him seeing him now brought up all those insecurities.

"Just give us a second," Lucy said as William excused himself and Emily finally came down the stairs.

"What is he doing here?! Do you want him to know that I've failed him? I've failed us?!" She exclaimed pointing a finger at her mother.

"I just thought it would be better to hear it face to face instead of on the phone honey," Lucy said calmly not wanting to further agitate her.

"I don't want to see him!" She shouted with a glare at the direction he had left in "He left us,"

"Honey,"

"We both failed this child," she said her anger now fading and sadness flowing in "we failed our child,"

"And he wasn't there," she sobbed falling down on her knees "He wasn't there," she kept repeating rocking herself back and forth.

"It's okay,do you want me to tell him?" She asked helping Emily to her feet, as the girl was now shaking uncontrollably.

Emily just nodded her head as they walked back up the stairs to her room, she didn't like what was happening to her, she didn't like this Emily who was always sad, never spoke who hated silence and loud noise annoyed her too, she found fault in everything, she found everything annoying.

"I'll bring you some tea later on just relax honey," Lucy mumbled kissing her daughters forehead.

"Is she okay?" William questioned as he helped Lucy set the table.

"William let's sit for a moment," Lucy said with a sigh as she sat on the bench Emily usually spent her days on.

"She wanted to tell you this herself, I'm sure of that but as you can see she's not coping," she said casting a glance at Emily's room she could see her peaking from her window, nervously biting on her nails.

"Is it about the break up?"

"No she had uhm... she suffered from... this is really hard for me to say to you," she said fanning her burning eyes as tears threatened to spill.

"Mrs Edward are you alright?" William asked concerned over the woman as he put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"She had a baby," Williams heart skipped a beat over that, he had a baby, they were going to be parents why didn't she ever say anything and why wasn't she showing, yes some women had smaller bellies but hers was nonexistent, and what about morning sickness, scans all that had she been scared to tell him because of his title, is that why? He was so consumed by his own thoughts that he didn't hear the next word she said.

"She had a miscarriage,"

"How is she? are they okay?" He asked glancing at Emily who was now pacing.

"William she lost the baby," Lucy repeated again and this time he heard her.

"What?"

"It was just all too much and... that happened," Lucy said some things but William couldn't hear her as his ears were ringing before he took off to Emily's room "William stop," Lucy pleaded running after the man who was far ahead of her.

"Emily!" He shouted running up the stairs to her room.

"No don't come in," she exclaimed running to lock the door, "Please don't, I'm sorry okay I'm sorry," she cried falling back onto the door.

"Honey no one blames you," Lucy said knocking softly on the door.

"No, no I do I blame myself okay?" She mumbled wiping some stray tears away.

"Emily please I just want to talk," William said softly while she shook her head on the other side of the door.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there okay, I was so angry and I didn't consider your feelings in the whole situation," he paused for a second before continuing "I know I've been pressuring you with the Wales move, not considering your job and how hard you had to work to get where you are right now, I mean you won a Nobel and I wanted to you to leave all of that and become my... trophy, someone I could show off and I realised now I was wrong, Emily you're an amazing woman okay you're the best woman I've ever met, and you make me a better person okay? I know this is hard I can't begin to imagine how you must feel right now, and I'm not going to pretend like I do, but I want to be there for you the same way you've been there for me, I don't want you to be alone...I love you,"

"Really?" She asked sitting up a bit straighter after hearing what he said "You mean all of that?" She asked looking back at the door as if she could see him.

"Yes Em everyone knows it okay I'm not the same without you, you make me a better person and I know this is now what you want to hear right now but Emily you're not to blame for anything okay, if anything blame me for not being the best for you as you've been for me,"

"You promise you won't leave me?" Emily mumbled like a little child.

"I promise okay no more Wales, I'll come back for you okay?" He said as the door clicked and she slowly opened it.

"Okay," she mumbled kneeling down so she could be at eye level with him.

"Come here," he said hugging her as she sobbed onto his chest "It's going to be okay," he mumbled kissing her forehead.