~ PAGE THREE ~

David, Dwayne, Paul, and Marko arrived back at their cave.  Their four minds were fully focused on Eve Emerson and the pull they felt towards her.  Once each of them had completely covered their dirt bikes with brush and scrap wood, they headed in.  Propelling themselves into the air, they each flew for the mouth of the cave.  With no new member or human in tow, they didn't need to bother with walking across the bridge or walking down the stairs.

          David couldn't help but picture Eve's face and wonder what her lips felt like.  Dwayne was preoccupied with thoughts of hot baths, candles, and deep conversation.  Paul thought about endless nights filled with intense pleasure and music.  Marko could only think of wild fun on the boardwalk followed by him and Eve exploring each other again and again.  Silently, jealously sprouted within each of them; their link as brothers and vampires made their thoughts about Eve well known to each other.

          Inside the cave, Dwayne and Paul walked around lighting the barrels while Marko went to get their favorite Chinese food.  David sat down on his prized wheelchair and then gazed longingly into the flame of a candle.  When Marko came back with the Chinese food he'd gone to retrieve, he noticed David's stare.  Anger and jealously blinded Marko; he knew that David was thinking about Eve.  Frustrated, the curly-haired vampire dropped the food.  Paul and Dwayne sat as far apart as possible.  Their jealousy towards each other, as well as David and Marko, churned violently within their hearts.  David lifted his gaze when he heard the food land and asked, "Problem, Marko?"

          "Nothing much...just the three of you thinking about my girlfriend!" Marko yelled heatedly.

          "Talking about Eve?" Dwayne demanded with deadly intentions.

          "Yeah, fuck nut!  She's mine, so you all need to back the hell up!"  Marko asserted.

          "Look, Marko, you're my bro.  But I'm the one who can make Eve happy.  Not to mention satisfy her." Paul argued.

          "Satisfy her?  What's that supposed to mean, you shrimp-dicked fuck nugget?" Marko snarled.

          "First of all, I'm packing.  Second of all, it means she probably likes to get off and I don't think you could get her off!"  Paul yelled as he got up.

          "Boys, I thought we settled this.  We are all feeling something for Eve.  What it is and why all four of us are feeling it, who knows.  But we're not going to solve this by fighting each other," David pointed out as he stood up.

          "I'd do more than fight for her," Dwayne said as he eyed David closely.

          "I think we all would, Dwayne.  The sun's coming up," David said before kicking off his boots and drifting up to the pole they all shared.

          "We'll find out tomorrow," Dwayne said before joining David.  Marko and Paul shoved each other before joining their friends on the pole.

          Elsewhere, Eve had woken up to a surprisingly darkened house.  She was eager to wish her family a good morning, so she ran out into the hallway.  Eve walked from door to door, first knocking then trying the door handle.  To her surprise, each of their doors was locked.  The fact that the bedroom doors were locked puzzled her.  The only times she ever remembered anyone's door being locked was when someone was doing monkey business or one of her brothers was doing something embarrassing.  The possibilities as to why the doors were locked plagued her mind before her stomach growled at her.

          The young woman shrugged her shoulders as she headed for her bedroom.  Before she could feed the growling demon that was her stomach, she had to get dressed.  Eve felt a wave of self-consciousness grip her, so she pulled on a white hoodie and a pair of baggy jeans.  When Eve pulled her combat boots on, a strange satisfaction swarmed over her.  She never understood why wearing combat boots made her feel like a badass, but the boots had always given her a strange sense of strength.