chapter one

I woke up to Oscar in my room.. he was picking up stuff of my desk.

"What do you need Oscar?" I said sitting up

He started talking to me about something. I don't know I was thinking about a couple months ago.. I was at a party well kind of.. I was with Cesar and his friends um Monse, Ruby and Jamal. Cesar stopped talking to them over the summer well at least Jamal and Ruby. Monse was at writing camp Cesar told me. Cesar and I joined our brothers gang over the summer and Cesar seems to enjoy it more than I do.

"K you got that Jay?" He asked looking mad as always

"Um yeah totally sure"

I got dressed and went to the table. Oscar was gone.. he had left a note for what I had to do because he knows when I'm lying. I feel like I'm closer to Oscar than Cesar but I'm close with both of them. Cesar was at the table and he was about to leave.

"Hey where are you going?" I asked

"I have business to handle"

Obviously he does. He always does nowadays. I'm always hanging out with his friends too. I mean not always but a lot of the time.

I was walking with Jamal, Monse and Ruby. We were on our way to school. Jasmine started following us. She goes to our school and she annoys the shit out of all of us. We started running away from her eventually we got away.

We saw someone getting jumped while we were walking. Ruby and Monse were fighting because of some shit about Cesar. Cesar keeps a lot of secrets from me ever since we joined the Santos. Ruby, Jamal and Monse know I joined the Santos but at least I hangout with them.

We stopped walking and they were still fighting.

Cesar, Oscar and one of the guys pulled up in Oscars car with loud music playing. I tried not to look at them.

Monse went and talked to them and then they saw me.

"Jay business after school" Oscar said

"No I'm not coming"

"JADE VALEE DÍAZ AFTER SCHOOL" He said pissed off

"Fine I'll be there"

They left eventually.

We kept walking and then..

"Tax time bitches"

It was Latrell.. I know that voice anywhere.

One thing no one knows.. not my brothers or Monse, Ruby and Jamal don't know is I'm dating Latrell. Latrell knows to keep it on the low when he's around me and we have to be careful.. because my brothers can find out anytime but I never told Latrell I'm in and have relatives who are in the Santos.

"Hands up.. money out" Latrell said

"How can we take our money out with our hands up?" Ruby asked being a smartass

Blah blah blah I stopped listening then Ruby finally said..

"We don't have any money"

"What about that 20?" Jamal asked as Latrell stared at him

Latrell got his money and left.

Later on I went and did what Oscar asked me to do.

The Santos and I were all sitting outside until I saw Jamal and Monse. Shit was about to go down.

"Don't worry girl.. I got your back.. from right here" Jamal said

I let out a little laugh knowing he's a scaredy ass.

"I need to talk to you" Monse said serious

"I'm listening" Cesar said

"Privately?"

"Uh we can go inside"

Oscar kind of coughed.

"But uh if you wanna sit on my face you're gonna have to put that mouth on pause so I can concentrate" Cesar said while they laughed

Monse was pissed at this point.

Jamal and Monse walked away. I was mad Cesar did that. I really didn't find it funny. I just went inside.

Later that night at 11:38 pm Oscar came in my room.

"What" I said mad

"Calm down Jay"

"Wanna go for a ride?" Oscar asked me

"Sure"

We got inside his car and went for a ride. It was late out but like he cares.

He took me to a fast food restaurant. He went through the drive thru.

"You want anything" Oscar asked

"No I'm fine" I said even though I was hungry as hell at this point

He ordered and obviously he got me what I order everytime we are here.

"Thanks I guess" I said starting to eat my food

The next night the Santos were outside again. I was skateboarding with Cesar when Monse showed up.

"You little bitch" Monse said pushing him off his skateboard

She started fighting him.

Oscar offered me a cigarette. I took it and lit it.

Jamal and Ruby then showed up pushing past everyone. They grabbed Monse and then they started arguing.

The next morning I was walking with Monse, Ruby and Jamal to school and we walked to get Cesar. He came out and walked with us until Oscar and one of the guys pulled up.

"Cesar, Jay" Oscar said

He opened the door for us and brought us to school.