chapter thirty-one

The next day I woke up in Jamal's bed. I had stayed over last night because I didn't want to go home. Jamal and I both got a call but Jamal picked up.

"Is Jamal there?" Some lady asked

"Yes" Jamal said confused

"Is Jade there?" She asked

"Yeah, she's with me" Jamal said and then I fell back asleep. A few seconds later Jamal started shaking me.

"Shit Jade, you can borrow some clothes. We have to go down to the police station." Jamal said making me jump off the bed immediately. He handed me some sweatpants and a smaller t-shirt. He also handed me the pair of Jordans I used to wear that are his. We both got dressed and grabbed some stuff.

Time skip to at the police station

Ruby was standing talking to us. I sat next to Cesar and Monse sat next to me. Jamal was a couple seats down.

"They found her bones!" Ruby said

"When?" Monse asked confused

"Months ago!"

"What?!"

"Shhhh" Cesar said telling us to be quiet.

"Don't shush me, you've known for months." Monse said scooting over next to Jamal.

"I don't wanna talk but I also don't wanna bladder infection." Ruby said making me scrunch up my face. Jamal grabbed a folder and blocked Monse from his view.

"Guys, we need to be smart. We need to think of a reason we were all out in that forest that day." Cesar said

"I can't believe that not one of you called me" Monse said

"I forgot about it when you got back, Monse." I said

"Oh so now you want me to call you? Cause last thing I heard from you, you said I called you too much." Jamal said interrupting me.

"No I didn't" Monse said

"But you did." Jamal said walking over to me. I stood up and he took my place so he didn't have to sit next to Monse. I sat next to him and put one of my legs over his leg.

"I got a good idea. Bigfoot." Cesar said making me roll my eyes. Jamal got up and my leg fell off of his. He stood up facing us.

They then fought about an idea. After they were done Jamal made Monse move over and he sat next to me. Ruby sat down finally. Jamal and Monse started fighting until some guy started talking to us.

"Monse Finnie, follow me" The guy said as Monse walked in the office. I started to have anxiety because I hate talking to the police. My leg started to bounce and Jamal noticed my anxiety was bad. He put his hand on my thigh causing my leg to stop.

Next Cesar got sent in, then Ruby got sent in, then I got sent in.

"Good luck" Jamal said as I stood up. He grabbed my hand and then let go of it.

I made some bullshit up about Bigfoot. Then Jamal got sent in. After we all got sent out.

"You know a thank you would be nice" Jamal said crossing his arms as we all stopped.

"Thanks Cesar" Ruby said

"Yeah sorry I said Bigfoot was a terrible idea" Monse said

"I wasn't talking about Cesar, I was talking about me. You guys wouldn't know anything about Bigfoot if it weren't for me." Jamal said

"Okay but it was Cesar's idea"

"Oh of course you wouldn't give me credit because you hate me" Jamal said to Monse

"What?! Hold on, I'm the one who called and texted you and you never got back to me. You blew me off." Monse said

"You really don't remember what you said?"

"No idea"

"Okay well let me retrigger myself so I can give you a little refresher. I left you a message, you called me back only you didn't, it was your butt. I heard everything you said about me to your friend, Sherry. You said that you feel bad for me, that I'm stuck in a total arrested development, that I'm like a weird eight year old."

"Sherry? I really don't remember- wait no Sherry? We weren't talking about you."

"That was like 2 years ago, how do you remember?"

"Because Sherry and I weren't friends, we were lab partners. We never talked about anything personal. I must have been talking about my chem teacher because he was like a total weird eight year old." Monse said clearing up the situation which I believed her.

"Nice try" Jamal said being stubborn.

"It wasn't about you and I didn't think those things"

"Well I don't really care what you think and you're not gonna get back in my good graces just cause your ass is stuck back in Freeridge."

"Your parents told you?"

"Welcome home, sweetheart."

"Jamal, ease up. It's been two years. It's water under the bridge." Cesar said finally cutting in.

"Oh! Oh! Like the water under that washed and stole our money?!"

"You know I'm gonna make this right. When I do we never have to talk again."

"Why should we wait? Let's just start now." Ruby said walking off. Suddenly Jamal left.

"So great catching up with everyone!" Monse said being sarcastic and walking off. Then Cesar walked off. Then I did.

Time skip to later that night

I was sitting in bed with my pajamas on and got a text from Cesar on our group chat.

Core Four

Cesar: Heads up...Bigfoot's been ID'd

Shit...