C.10- baepsae

* unedited  *

The morning of 1st of January came with a flurry of snow. I woke up with the smell of hot chocolate and ironically, pancakes.  Rubbing my eyes, I strolled around my room, yawning as I chucked a hoodie and a sweatpants on top of my pyjamas, shivering as I looked out the window and seeing white everywhere. Here, there, falling down. It was everywhere. 

Yawning, I made my way out of my room and walked down the stairs, rubbing my eyes once more as I walked into the kitchen, only to see that everyone else was awake. Yoongi-ssi, Seokjin-ssi and Jungkook-ssi were cooking, flipping pancakes expertly and making coffee. Namjoon-ssi and Jimin-ssi were setting up the table while Taehyung-ssi and Hoseok-ssi danced around the room and helping out where they can. 

I stood there in the entrance of the kitchen, shuffling from one foot to another as I see them busying themselves. It wasn't until Taehyung-ssi glanced my way that they noticed me. I gave them a small smile and wave as I felt a small blush running across my cheeks. 

" Joeun achimieyo," I said. 

" Good morning, Arie-ssi," came a series of voices ringing around the kitchen. Taehyung-ssi came forward and wrapped his arms around me, leading me towards a chair and gently pushing me down to sit on it. I yelped gently, looking up at him with a confusion in my eyes. 

Even though it was the morning, Taehyung-ssi looked amazing.  His hair was slightly ruffled but while it made me look like a rat, it made Taehyung-ssi look like a God. His boxy smile was on his face and his dark brown orbs seemed to be shining brightly as he looked down at me. 

" No helping today, Arie-ssi," he chided and I subconsciously pouted. 

" But I wanna help!" I whined. Even though I've only been here for a few days, I felt quite at home with these boys. Though I never knew what the feeling of a real home was like. I only remember the feeling of the Agency and the Facility, and feeling only safety there, but never really belonging. 

" Ani, no helping, Arie," Namjoon-ssi says as he came over slowly and carefully, holding a huge cup of hot chocolate and placing it in front of me. The others soon started bringing the food to the table and their drinks. All in a matter of seconds, we were all seated and smiling gently at each other. " We've got plans today, Arie-ssi."

" Really?" I asked, putting my shivering hands around my cup and bringing it to my lips for a sip. A constant warmth flooded me and I sighed in appreciation as I smiled up at Namjoon-ssi. " And what would our plans be?"

" You'll see when we get there, Arie-ssi," he says. I raised an eyebrow.

" So it's a surprise, is it?" I asked playfully, looking at the boys one by one. And one by one, they each gave me their smiles, Yoongi-ssi the smaller smile out of the seven of them. 

" Yup! It's a surprise, and there's no way you can get us to tell you before we get there!" Jimin-ssi exclaims, his soft mochi face enlightening and his crescent moon-eyed smile flashing me. 

I raised both eyebrows and decided to tease him. " Yes, but  I wouldn't have to when I can read your mind."

Jimin-ssi narrowed his eyes at me and he points his knife and fork at me accusingly. " You said you couldn't read minds!" 

" Did I say that? Did I really?" I asked. He pouts. 

" No fair!"

I giggled, grabbing my fork and knife and placing a pancake on my plate, digging in. I let a small sound of approval as I shot a smile at the chefs that worked hard on this breakfast. " This is amazing, Seokjin-ssi! I'm going to have to look out of for your cooking now."