C.21- not today

* two days later *

I looked at the small group of guards that was admitted to me to train. Women and men alike, all serious and willing to give up their life for these idols. I gave them a small smile before taking a big breath. 

" Alright. First person, please come to the testing room," I said, turning around and walking to the room designated for me to try and transfer my powers to these guards. I heard someone walk behind me. Once I was inside the room, I turned around, waving my hand and turning on the lights as the person walked inside as well. She gives me a small smile and couldn't be more than 25 years old. 

She closed the door behind her, posture tall and her strides powerful. I felt her eyes look at me, un-intimidating, yet respectful. 

" Take a seat, Miss...?"

" Ma-ri. Lee Ma-ri," she said. Unlike her posture and strides, her voice was surprisingly soft. Almost melodic. She sat down on one of the chairs, as I opened the small black suitcase next to my seat on the small table to my right. Inside were 15 small vials of IV. 

" Nice to meet you, Mari-ssi. I'm Arie," I replied, getting one of the vials ready for her. Mari-ssi's eyes followed my every movement as I continued to work, but she didn't say anything. " This IV will make the flow of your bloodstream more continuously as I try to transfer some of my abilities to you temporarily. It's brave of you to be the first one, Mari-ssi. I've never done anything like this before."

" I'm honoured to be the first one then," she said. I looked up from the vial and smiled gently. I gestured for her to put her arm up, and she did. 

Taking a deep breath, I connected the vial to one of the needles, holding it close to her arm. 

" Are you ready?" I asked. She gives me a smile. 

" It's just an IV."

I chuckled, inserting it through her arm. She didn't wince. Or made a face. She sat there, facing forward. Keeping the needle and the transfusion of the IV in her body, I let her hold it in place as I concentrated in sharing one of my abilities. 

Focusing. 

Concentrating. 

Hoping. 

Until Mari-ssi's hand drops from her side and her head rolls to the other. 

I lost 5 guards

I lost 5 guards. After Mari-ssi passed, and I couldn't bring her back, I begged for the Head of Securities of each company and idol group to let me have more time. To ensure that I won't, that they won't, lose anyone else. They didn't listen. 

I was in that room, trying and trying and trying, hearing their breathing get slower, the pain get stronger, yet they didn't say anything. They were sworn to do their duties and jobs, just like I was sworn to do mine.