C.1: Calling

*unedited*

💜 ARIE POV💜

When I try to remember things before all of this happened, nothing resurfaces. Not even my parents. Or my best friend's name. Or my favourite snack when I was little. Nothing. Not a single thing. At time I wonder, does it bother me? Not remembering a single thing before I risked my puny, 10 year old life for a toddler? Sometimes, I say it does. It does bother me for not knowing who I was. 

   But for most of the time, I don't. I don't bother. Because, I still have a future, despite being somewhat trained a monster. A good monster, but still a monster. A good monster who could create fire in her hands, or lightning, heal injuries, move something with her mind or do all sorts of magical things. 

  It scares me, yes. Even after all these years of training. However, this is who I am now. You might ask... who am I?

  A protector?

  A killer?

  An innocent?

  A believer?

  Well, I'm all of the above and more. 

  My name is Arie Moon. And I'm abnormal.

 And I'm abnormal

" Arie, come on. She wants to  see you one last time before you go," Andre says. I looked up from my trembling hands to see the person that I've known ever since I woke up 10 years ago. Andre Wilson is two years older than me, 22 just a month ago, with platinum white hair, green eyes and tan skin. He's been my best friend ever since I woke up from nearly being in a coma for a year. 

I nodded, standing up from the chair I was sitting on, waiting for further instructions. We were at the Grand hotel, near the Sky Tower. We've been here staying for nearly a week, while Ms. Ardern told us that I was now going off to the other side of the world, where a famous band had hired me to be their bodyguard alongside being their English, Te Reo Maori and French teacher. 

Following Andre to Ms. Ardern's meeting room where she was finishing a meeting with her board, I straightened my clothes and my hair. Despite knowing her for 10 years and seeing her at least once a month, it still makes me nervous to see her face to face. She was the Nation's pride and face for representing the country, and she's done it well. 

Andre knocked on the door, and we heard her cheery and authoritative voice from the other side of the door. " Come in."

Andre twisted the door knob, and gestured me to go in first. I took a big breath and exhaled, stepping in the room and focusing my eyes on the figure at the head of the table. 

Jacinda Ardern smiled at me with her normal warm smile, the same smile I saw when I first woke  up. She was the first adult I ever saw, and she treated me like her daughter, way before Neve came into the world. I was the one who named Neve. I've always liked that name from the first time I've ever heard it. In her arms, is the very daughter I was talking about and I found myself lighting up with the soft baby Neve gave me as she saw me. She was two years old and could well pronounce 'Mum' and 'Dad' and ' Awie.'