Chapter 11 - Hot as Puck

Chapter 11: Hot as Puck

The plane lifted off and I cringed. Lifting off was always my least favorite part. My ears would get stuffed and I'd spend half the trip trying to pop them.

But the good thing about traveling to out of state games was being in our own plane. There weren't any annoying crying babies or germy people sneezing every minute they had.

I looked up the aisle and saw Kate sitting with Demante at the small table. She was laughing at something he had said and I immediately got annoyed. What would Demante say that would be so funny?

Chill, Salazar.

When Demante got up, I walked over to where he had just been sitting and sat across from her.

She looked surprised to see me but smiled. "Hello Ky."

"Hi. I need to talk to you." I stopped the stewardess from passing us and ordered Kate and I both a red wine.

When she left, Kate was looking at me funny. "What?"

She shook her head. "You don't notice, do you?"

I drew in my eyebrows. "Notice what?"

She chuckled. I liked how she laughed, it was sweet and light.

"The stares. How every woman you talk to pretty much melts into you."

I frowned. "You're not melting."

I saw her cheeks flush and I winked. How many women truly blushed these days?

She leaned forward and rested her arms on the table. "Look, Ky. You're attractive, we both know that. But we can't do anything that'll ruin our careers. But maybe if we both weren't associating together in a polite manner, it would become a possibility."

I stared at her with my mouth open. Did she just say what I thought she said?

"That is what you were going to tell me, right?" she asked, suddenly becoming nervous.

I raised my eyebrows. "Uh...well..."

"Oh my God," she slapped her face with her hands. Her cheeks were redder than fire and I found that amazingly attractive.

"You know what? Forget this talk ever happened. Okay?" she asked.

"I, uh...about that possibility..."

She groaned and stood up from the table. "I'm sorry I ever brought this up. God this is embarrassing...forget I said anything. Please and thank you." Then she walked away towards the other cabins.

I silently grinned to myself. She just admitted that she would've gotten involved with me if it weren't for our careers. And she found me just as attractive as I found her.

Chuckling, I went back to my seat and drifted off into a nice, pleasant sleep...a grin still plastered on my face.

● Kate ●

The cold lavatory water splashed onto my face and I sighed. What was wrong with me?

Telling Ky that I'd thought about sleeping with him was a huge mistake. It'll only boost his already huge ego, among other things.

I dried off my face with a towel and looked around. This was the best airplane lavatory I'd ever seen. The walls weren't a cold gray but a nice, soft beige color with a large, framed mirror. The toilet actually looked like a toilet, and the hand towels were a soft plush unlike the usual scratchy paper.

I clicked open the door and stepped out. Behind me, I saw Bill and coach chatting away across from each other. When they saw me, they nodded but quickly went back to their talking.

I prayed that Ky wasn't awake. And to my luck, I passed him. He was in his seat, his eyes closed and his mouth slightly opened. I stared at him, thanking his parents for having such great genetics.

Sitting back down in my own seat, I looked out the window...waiting for our arrival in L.A.

●●●

Guess what you beautiful chickens?

Double Update!

I'm just feeling extra generous today, so that means more time for writing! Yay!!

I might even triple update, I don't know...

Anyways, have a fantastic day, and go watch some hockey you amazing turkeys!

-Anne :)