Chapter 21 - Break

Chapter 21: Break

● Ky ●

    "Faster! Faster! Come on! Stop acting like a bunch of sissies and get your asses moving!"

    Coach's words were like music to my ears...scratchy, horrid, heavy metal music.  

    My legs were burning from all the training we've been doing these past weeks for the Stanley Cup, and I knew that for every complaint, there would be twenty extra drills.

    And people thought hockey was easy.

    After about three hours of practice, we all just wanted to go home and take a cold bath. Looking over at Kate, I could see her sweating as much as we were, but for some reason, she was still damn sexy.

    I guess it was her athletic build, or her sharp but delicate face. Maybe it was her lips that caught my attention, or just that I was getting to fucking loopy from the suicide laps across the ice.

    I almost tripped and screw up my face before I looked away. Scolding myself silently, I got back to work.

    Forty minutes and seventy drills later, Coach finally released us to go home.

    After I got changed and everyone left the locker room, I silently slipped into Kate's locker room.

    I saw her immediately. She was half naked with only her spanks on. Mr. You-know-who shot right up, but I grit my teeth and moved forward as she was putting on her sports bra.

    I guess I made a noise or something since she spun around and smiled.

    "Hey, what're you doing in here?" she asked, her deep dark eyes looking into mine. Her hands found my face and stroked my cheek.

    Damn, she was going to make this 100 times harder on me now.

    Gently pulling away, I gave her a sad smile. She looked confused. "What's wrong, Ky?"

    I sighed, trying to keep on my best poker face. "I, uh, think that we should take some time off, you know...just until the Stanley Cup Playoffs are over."

    Watching her face carefully, I was a little hurt and shocked that she didn't look sad or angry. "Okay," was her only response.

    "O-Okay?" I repeated, sounding confused.

    She nodded, turning to put on her shorts and shirt. "Yes, Ky. Okay. What, did you think I would freak or something?"

    I shrugged. "Or something."

    She laughed heartily, making my chest tingle. 

    "This," she waved her finger between us, "is just casual, remember? I think taking a break is a good idea, too. We need to put all our energy into winning that Cup."

    Still surprised but trying not to show it, I nodded half-heartedly. What was wrong with me? I was the one who brought it upon us, so why was I sad that it would be over for a while?

    Kate walked up to me and kissed my lips softly, then her mouth was beside my ear. "But try not to get too rusty on me, Ky. The minute the playoffs are over, I'm not waiting anymore. The wait better be worth it." She huskily whispered, making my dick shoot straight up once again.

    Nodding, I gave her one more long, slow, and deep kiss that had us both panting afterwards.

    "Oh, I promise. It'll be worth the wait."