Chapter 19 - Revealing the Past

Chapter 19: Revealing the Past

"Ky! Open up!" I was currently pounding on the front door of Ky's penthouse. At practice today, he had completely ignored me, and I couldn't do much about it since we were in public. So I decided to track him down and wait until he heard me out.

"Kyle Salazar, if you don't open up right now I'll-" The door abruptly swung open and I almost fell forward.

Ky stood there, wearing nothing but boxers. His skin was glistening with sweat and there were two ear buds in his ears. He pulled them out and glared.

"What?" he snapped.

I pushed past his sexy looking body and walked into his home. Turning on my heels, I crossed my arms. "Why are you avoiding me?"

"Just let yourself in, why don't you?" he said sarcastically and shut the door.

"Answer me, Ky."

He sighed, running a hand over his gorgeous face. Stop, you're supposed to be mad at him right now.

"I haven't."

I scoffed. "Bullshit, we both know you have. Will you at least listen to my explanation?"

He walked over to his bench press in the other room and began to lift the weights. "Not really."

I walked over to him and admired his toned body working to lift the weights. Jesus, this guy could bench press...

"Too bad, I'm telling you anyway."

"I said no. Now please get out." He replied.

I felt a pang of hurt but ignored it. Suddenly, my anger fired. "You can't do that to me! Now, you're going to listen to my story right now, or else I'll cut off your dick, deep fry it, and feed it to the birds!"

He suddenly stopped lifting and set the weight bar on the hook, still not letting go. "Fine, talk." Then he went right back to lifting.

I found it very disrespectful, but it would have to do for now.

"Jake's gay."

Suddenly, the weight dropped and it slammed down on Ky's chest. He let out a cry of agony and I rushed over, helping him put it back on the hook.

He sat up instantly and looked at me with startled eyes. "Gay?"

I nodded, grinning. His expression was priceless. "We've been friends ever since the fourth grade. He's like a brother to me."

Ky sighed and put his face into his hands. He kind of yelled into them, his voice muffled.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he asked.

My mouth dropped open. "I tried! But you wouldn't listen to me! I would start to tell you but then you'd just walk away and igno-"

I was abruptly stopped by Ky's warm lips on mine. He moved them gently, with a kindness that I had never experienced before. I kissed him back, you better bet I did.

When we broke apart, he leaned his forehead against mine, causing my chest to flutter. "I'm sorry. Truly, utterly, sorry." His large, soft hands cradled my face, his fingers stroking my cheeks.

I sighed heavenly. "Don't apologize. You didn't know."

"I know, but I just jumped to conclusions right away. It was wrong of me."

I kissed him again, savoring his taste of salty and sweet. I was about to ask him why he had accidentally said that we were dating, but my phone rang.