Small Habits

Ketchup knew her friend wasn't right in the head. She wasn't even sure when it all started. Was it the small glances at the other salad? Or was it the suicide that triggered such behavior? Maybe she just never noticed it, and these were Fruit Salad's real colors. Sighing again, Ketchup packed up the remainder of the food she forgot while lost in her own thoughts.

Ketchup remained silent the rest of the day, only keeping tune with the bell to whatever classes were left during the day, only stopping by the art room to return some markers she borrowed from Parfait last week. Strawberry Yogurt may have been a bully, but her sister was kind, never able to say no as if atoning for her sister's wrongdoings to other students. But she didn't wander for long before she was pulled back into a corridor by Fruit Salad.

Nowadays she looked almost unhinged, she didn't even try to hide disgust or contempt anymore, but Ketchup loved her best friend too much to report her... hell she was disgusted by how she herself wanted this. Neither said a word as Fruit Salad dragged Ketchup to the nearest empty room, Ketchup basking in the attention and soft touches. They both knew what this was about.

As soon as the door shut, Fruit Salad went on a tangent about Chocolate Mousse Cake. Who was she again..? Oh, the new student. The one Fruits was staring at for the past few days. That one. This was troublesome, Chocolate Mousse Cake was basically a celebrity at this school by this point, either loved or hated with no in between. She was very pretty after all. Didn't she brag about being Black Forest Cake's sister as well..? No matter, Fruit Salad was planning a murder. Chocolate Mousse Cake will dance like a marionette on the center stage tomorrow,  quite literally on the marionette part.

_ -_-_-_-_-_-_

It wasn't easy to pull off, sneaking in after dark was hard enough, but with lack of sleep and the quick convincing to her parents, Ketchup was now standing next to Fruit Salad as she sabotaged the lights and cut any wires they found nearby, setting up thin, transparent strings.

By the end, Ketchup was so tired that after saying her goodbyes, waving off any suspicion of tattling, somehow getting home and through the window of her room, she went out like a light. By morning she could hear her mom knocking on her bedroom door shouting something about being late for school. Ketchup just sighed and quickly left the house since she hasn't changed out of the street ware since last night, which probably wasn't the best idea, but she was too sleep deprived to care and basically functioned on auto-pilot for the remainder of however long until Fruit Salad's plan is to take place.

472 words.