part one: past

y/n's pov
The ear splitting sound of my alarm rang through my eardrums. Reluctantly getting out of bed, I made my way to the shower. Of course, instead of hot water coming out, freezing cold water hit my body, making me squeal. Great.

After a very uncomfortable shower, I got dressed, put my earphones in and made my way out the door quietly not to wake my family.

(just inspo, doesn't have to be this!)

My eyes drifted over all the different characters as I walked through the school halls to my locker; populars, jocks, nerds, fashionistas, the list went on. I was happy I attended a school with interesting people although midtown high didn't exactly have the nicest people. Speaking of people you aren't nice, my eyes land on peter parker.

what a dick.

Peter and I used to be best friends, inseparable, until he decided the popular lifestyle was the one for him. Of course, he was just head over heels for Liz Allan. She became more important than me and that's when I knew, our years of friendship were gone.

To be honest, I used to have thing for him and there were times where I thought it was reciprocated. But now when I looked at him, anger rose in my chest making me want to walk over and punch his stupid face.

I ignored that feeling and shifted my focus to my locker, taking out the necessary books. Parker's locker was next to mine so every morning I tried to get there before he came over. Today was unsuccessful.

"Yo, y/n, haven't got changed out of your pjs I see." He laughed behind me.

"Ah yes, because your little checkered shirt under your sweater is soooo trendy!" I sarcastically snapped back and walked away.

I could tell that pissed him off which gave me a whole lot of satisfaction. Actually to the point where I had a really good day.

"Psst, y/n." I heard a whisper behind me whilst taking notes in biology.

"What Flash?" I sighed.

He smirked, handing me a note which read 'me and you, on a date, this Saturday. you in?'

I simply wrote 'in your dreams' and smiled handing him back the note. As I turned my body back around, I caught a glimpse of parker. His cheeks were raw red and his jaw clenched tight, eye-line on Flash.

What was his problem?

I heard Flash scrunch the paper in anger and throw it in the bin.

"I'll get you one day y/l/n."

"Like I said, in your dreams." I grinned as the bell rang.

I had decathlon practice after school with my friend Mj so I made my way to the library.

"Yo y/n!" She waved to me as I walked in. Mj was one of the only people I could have an interesting conversation with in this school. She was also really funny.

"What's up?" I smiled.

"Not much. But before we start, I invited some of the other decathlon members to practice with us before the big competition."

"Okay that's cool."

We began just the two of us whilst waiting for the others. I didn't think to ask who would be coming which was a big mistake.

"Hey Mj!" I heard an enthusiastic voice behind me. I turned to see Ned Leeds walk though the door which only meant one thing.

Peter Parker.

Not to my surprise, he followed Ned through the door. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and Mj gave a look of confusion.

"What's wrong?"

"You'll see." I sighed.

As if on queue, Peter spoke up.

"Oh great, I have to look at her face for an hour?" He grumbled.

"Oh parker, can't keep your eyes off me can you?" I smiled sarcastically.

"You wish." (this reminded me of harry potter lmaooo)

"Okay well...I'm sensing some tension which needs to be ignored as we need to practice. This is important to all of us so we can't have any stupid arguments going on, you got me?" She demanded, shifting her eyes between peter and I.

We both agreed and got on with it. After half an hour, we were surprisingly not pestering each other. That was until Ned and Mj were engaged in questions whilst peter and I were left sitting there.

"Since when are you part of the decathlon team?" He snapped.

"Since forever dumbass."

"Alright jeez, just asking a question."

"Whatever."

That was the extent of the conversation. Ned and Mj looked over and saw the tension rising so suggested a group practice. That's what we did for the last half and hour. Whilst walking out of school, Mj questioned why we hated each other so much.

"Long story short, he fucked me over. That's all." I really didn't want to get into it.

"Well, okay. Will you be able to go decathlon? I mean, we're travelling in a bus together and staying in a hotel together."

"Yeah, as long as I'm not sitting or sleeping anywhere near him, I'm fine." I chuckled.

"Okay good. Remember to get the permission slip signed from your parents, only a week left until we go!"

"Yeah I will, see you later Mj."

obviously y/n is american which is weird for me as I'm british so sorry if in this story I use any british terms instead of american! but anyways, I hope you're enjoying so far! <3