part six: food

Key: y/f/f=your favourite food

y/n's pov

I felt myself stirring and opened my eyes. It was now the evening so I assumed I'd been asleep a couple hours. As I lifted my head, I heard the television in the other room. I walked out to see Peter watching a cartoon and eating a burger.

"Hey sleepy head, you want something to eat? I can order room service." He said, his eyes not leaving to television.

"Um yeah thanks." I rubbed my eyes, still half asleep.

"What do you want?"

"I don't mind, whatever." He knew me well enough to know what I didn't like.

"Im gonna get in the shower. If it comes, could you just put it on my bedside table?" I asked.

"Of course." He flashed a quick smile.

As I was washing myself, I was just thinking about things. I realised that small conversation was the first we'd had in ages without it being a fight. It felt good.

Once I'd showered, I got into my pjs and went into my room and looked for my food. I immediately smiled when I saw what he'd ordered.

"Thanks Pete." I spoke softly.

"No problem."

"You- you remembered."

"Of course." He smiled.

My favourite food was y/f/f. Pete would always get me them when I was really down to cheer me up. He must know that I'm upset.

"Do you remember when you found a spider in your bed and was distraught about it? I got you y/f/f after that as well." He chuckled to himself.

"Yeah, and every other time I was sad." I laughed.

"Well...it worked. You would always cheer up." He looked into my eyes and for a moment, the contact stayed. It actually wasn't awkward, it was just a moment of understanding.

We both went to bed that night with no tension. Of course, I hadn't forgiven him but...

I didn't hate him.

Sorry this is short! <3