part eight: i think i will

y/n's pov

"Y/n! Oh my god are you okay?" Mj ran straight to me, engulfing me in a hug.

"Y-yeah. A little shaken up but, I'm alright." I chuckled breathily.

"I cant believe that happened. Thank god Spiderman was here."

"Yeah...Spiderman." I smiled to myself.

"What's that smile? You got a little crush on Spiderman?" She laughed.

"Wha? Nooo, don't be stupid."

She laughed and we walked back over to everyone. I saw Peter and Ned hugging and talking in a panic. All of a sudden, he looked straight at me, locking our eyes. He started to make his way over, my heart beginning to pound in my chest once again.

"Hey y/n, you good?" He asked anxiously.

"Y-yeah, still a little shaken but-"

His arms wrapped around me hurriedly, head buried into my shoulder. My entire body froze in shock, but soon I melted into it. For a moment, I didn't think about what this meant...I just embraced it. I returned the hug; one arm around his torso and one hand in his hair.

God I missed this.

He loosened his grip on me and we let go off the hug. He flashed a quick smile and walked back to Ned without a word. I couldn't help but watch him walk away.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Mj spoke, mouth agape.

"I-I don't know."

"Okay people, I've called all parents and we're going home now. So everyone, on the bus!" Mr Harrington shouted to the group.

I sat in silence; still in shock from almost dying and well...that hug. I mean, Peter and I have been through such a rough patch and I felt like these past couple days have been insane for us. First the emotional fight, then the cuddling, then him just being really nice to me and to top it off; that incredible hug. Am I being too forgiving? Am I letting him off too easy? He broke my heart and now I'm letting him back into my life so easily. I don't know what to do...

"Hey Mj?"

She looked up from her book. She could tell I needed some space so had left me to my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"What do you think I should do about Peter? I mean, have I let him off too easy these past couple days?" I fiddled with my hands.

"I'm not great at advice but I really think you guys could at least become friends again. You need to be honest with him, tell him it's everything. As much as it's scary, it's the only way you guys would ever be able to have a connection again." She smiled faintly.

"Not good at advice? That was alright." I chuckled.

"Yeah well, I'm just good at everything." She smirked. I laughed and thanked her. "But really, talk to him."

"Yeah, I think I will."

peters pov

We all ran out to meet our guardians, me immediately spotting Aunt May.

"Oh my gosh Peter!" She ran into my arms and we stood hugging for probably way too long.

"Hey, I'm okay." I chuckled.

"Oh god I was so worried, thank god you were in that elevator!"

"Yeah...thank god." I smiled.

I spotted Y/n from afar with her mum, eyes welled up. I smiled wider, thankful that she was home and safe. As our May let go, I kept my eyes on her.

"Pete what- oh y/n! Gosh I miss her."

"Yeah...I do too."

"Why did you fall out again?" May questioned.

"Um- I- it's complicated."

"Well whatever it is, you seem to miss her so you should try and sort it out." Her eyebrows furrowed in sympathy.

"Yeah, I think I will."