Little Dark Age

Long drive

We went to our university

We went to our university. Noah asked me to wait near the entrance of the university. After 10 mins, Noah came into his car. I took a seat beside him. And we started our little journey.
"I didn't know that you had a car.", I ask him as I look outside the window. "There is so much that you don't know about me.", he winks at me.
We are going around the city. It is beautiful. I didn't move around this place since I shifted here.
"So where are we going to?", I ask as I look towards Noah. He looks so attractive. His dark blue eyes turn towards me. His every stare makes me weak. I feel like he could see deep inside me with that deep ocean eyes.
"Well, that's a surprise.", he replies and turns his attention on the steering.
"I like your eyes they are full of language.", I say and turn my gaze away from him, towards the view outside my window. Am I blushing?
I could feel his gaze turn to me and his lips turn into a small smile. He puts his hand on my hand which rests on my left thigh. He tightens his grip and I look at my hand and then towards him.
We both look at each other and then look away.
" Thank you, Sarah. I never received any compliments like this.", he smiles. "And why is that?", I ask being surprised. He laughs at my reaction and makes an "I don't know" face.

We stop by the lake. It's been 1 hour since we had been driving. We head to this small restaurant. "Little Things", I read the shop name.
" We are on the other side of the lake. And this is one of the best places to halt for lunch", Noah says and we enter the restaurant.
It's an old place. There are not many people. The walls are made of wood and it's decorated with seashells. There is an old photo of the owners of this beautiful place.
"Good afternoon, how can I help you?", a lady enters from the restroom. She is old but still active. She welcomes us with a sweet smile. She has worn a pink apron and her hands are occupied with some dish.
She looks at Noah and her eyes wide open.
" Noah is that you, my dear?", she comes near to us. "Yes, grandma", he replies with a soft smile. Both hug each other and she turns around to call someone telling about Noah.
" Did you say our Noah is here?", an old man comes out of the kitchen area. His hair is grey and his voice is weak. He too is in an apron. He fixes his specs and looks towards Noah.
"Noah, it's been so long. How are you, my son?", the old man walked towards us. Noah gives a warm hug to him. He must be his grandpa.
"Grandma, grandpa this is Sarah. She is my new college friend.", Noah puts his hand on my shoulder as he introduces me to them.
" And they are Mr and Mrs Matthews", Noah tells me.
They both give me a warm hug and welcome me to their small restaurant.

First of all, they serve us delicious food. We both are too hungry and we enjoy having the food.
" What is this recipe called as?", I ask as I take a bite from the plate. "It's a very old recipe my dear passed on from generation. This is called the mix palate", Mrs Matthew replies as she serves me the dish. " It is delicious. It has a lot of different items I suppose", I reply as I take another bite of it.
"Sarah, I assume you have good knowledge about food. There are many items included in this very recipe. Come someday I'll teach you to cook this recipe", Mr Matthew replies as he takes a seat near me. Soon Mrs Matthew also joins us. We all talk and enjoy the food together.