First Encounter TW:Blood

Science was always my favorite class, since you were able to do hands on work. With me wanting to become a Forensic Scientist when I'm older, I have to be able to get dirty while working. Science is the best class for that.

"You may use the restroom but hurry back please."

I nod and begin walking out the door. My arms swing by my side as I walk through the empty and oddly quiet hallways. Being out of class, when everyone is in class really feels surreal, but at the same time it makes me feel very on edge. I run my hand along the grey stripe on the walls, as I close my eyes to take a breath, and try to relieve my on edge feeling. My hand runs off the wall, when I reach the corner to the bathroom. I open my eyes to turn. Straight ahead of me are double doors leading to the staff parking lot, the doors are propped open. I think nothing of it, the kids are always leaving that door open to cut class so I begin to turn. Out of the corner of my eye I see something strange happening in the parking lot. I turn myself to face the direction of the parking lot, and slowly begin walking towards the doors. My hand drags behind me on the cold wall. As I get closer to the door, I realize it's two people. It looks like they are struggling with each other. Walking closer I realize it is a guy on top of a girl. Her hair is plastered to her face so I can't really make out who she is. What are they doing I think to myself. At that point the guy looks up to the sky and I can see a crimson splash along his face. "What is that?" I say out loud. Suddenly my eyes widen, I know what that is, blood. Blood all in her hair and all over his mouth. I can see it dripping down his chin as he leans back down to the helpless girl. Listening to the sounds of her screams that go from a thrilling piercing noise to a jumble of gurgling noises as she struggles to call out for help. The girl's body goes limp, her scared eyes still staring at me but this time, with no sign of life. I run up to the door, and push it all the way open.

"GET OFF OF HER, HELP SOMEONE. THERE IS SOMEONE THAT NEEDS HELP!!!" I run out of the building getting closer to the girl, hearing a click as I run. When I'm about 20 feet from her, I stop. The person on top of her slowly turns their head to face me. Their mouth is covered in blood holding a piece of the girl's flesh. I take some steps back towards the door as the person begins to stand. When the person is fully standing, my heart starts racing, and I pick up my speed. While I was making my way to the door, out of the corner of my eye I see a gym class running a nearby track course. Oh great I gotta warn them before it's too late I say to myself. I pickup my speed until I'm in a full sprint, running for my life, from the crazy person behind me. I glance behind me quickly and notice the person is right behind me, almost an arms reach away. I was never good at running, I was always the last to finish the mile run test in P.E, so this was a challenge by itself. When I make it to the door, I realized that was the click I heard. The door closed behind me. Please don't be locked I think to myself as I reach for the handle and pull, opening the door just enough for me to squeeze in. I shut the door in the person's face, just narrowly escaping his grip. I step away from the door, until I'm a good distance away. I put my hands on my knees and hunch over to catch my breath. With every inhale a gasping sound escapes my mouth causing a sharp pain in my chest. I lift my head when my heart rate is stable, to make sure that the person is outside. I focus my eyes on the girl on the concrete ground. I stand all the way up when I notice she is now contorting her body to stand up. When she is fully up I can see the gaping wound in her neck that the guy pulled out. Her jaw was hanging open as if she wasn't able to close it fully. Her shirt is a wet dark crimson color, and her wound was a sickening wet mess dripping onto the pavement. The place she was laying had already formed a puddle on the ground. In the distance I can see her looking around. Moving her head in a funny bent way. It kind of looks like she is searching for something. Help, maybe I think. Then she stops. At this time I realize her focus is now on me. From this angle I can finally get a good look at her. She is bent slightly at her waist towards the ground and I can see the tears in her shirt where the guy was trying to grab her. I take a sharp inhale and my breath catches when I notice she is now running towards me. A loud thump rings out when she slams her body into the glass door. In between the two people, I can see the same hooded figure I saw an hour ago standing by the cars facing my direction. While I was distracted looking at the figure, I didn't notice that the girl was no longer scratching at the door. I blink a few times and furrow my brow as I walk closer to the door, just enough to peer around the brick corner of the school. There I see the girl walking towards the gym class. No one seemed to notice her. I look back to where the hooded figure was, but they are not there any longer. I waste no time and run to the principal's office. When I make it there I am greeted by the warm scent of vanilla and the office lady that has been there for years. That familiar smell for a moment makes me forget about the terror that I had just witnessed. Taking a breath I continue on my course and pay no attention to her. Running around the desk to the door which holds the principal's office I slam open the doors.

"Where do you think you are going young lady?" The lady asks me while standing up. Her glasses rested on the tip of her nose, which meant her neck was raised, just enough to see me.

"There is an emergency, I have to talk to the Principal." I say out of breath.