Another Encounter

"I-I don't know, I wish I had the answer. For now we just have to hope that the Police, Military, or someone is being called." I sigh and put my hand on Alexis to comfort her. It felt like an eternity of waiting until we hear the doorknob jiggling. Everyone starts to breathe very heavily, and we all hold onto each other. Mr. Micro stands up. We are greeted by 3 Police Officers. They step into the room and make sure everyone is here.

"Are you guys okay??" An Officer asks Mr. Micro

"We are all okay, how is it outside?" Mr. Micro asks the officers.

"Well, it's something....There were these things surrounding the outside of the building, but they are all gone now. So no need to worry, we have everything under control." The Officer pats Mr. Micro on the shoulder before motioning for the officers to leave and go on to the next room. While the Officer walks out of the room, he quietly shuts the door.

"Well guys it looks like everything is under control, we should probably stay in this position until we hear from the Principal." I crawl my way over to the window on my hands and knees. I stand on my knees with my hands on the window sill, looking outside. I slowly stand up and scan the area to see if I can see any more of those monsters. I let out a relief sigh and turn to the others.

"I don't see any of them, everything is okay." Within a couple of minutes we hear the Principal comes onto the intercom. The crackling of the machine startles us.

Hello NorthBrooke Students, this is your Principal speaking. I called the Police to come and investigate the problem we had outside. They did a scan, and they didn't find anything, so no need to worry everyone. The Lockdown is being lifted, you may resume your daily activities. A couple seconds later we hear the bell signaling the switching of classes. While everyone is switching classes, everyone seems on edge. There was no sign of Patricia which made me worried. I hope she was doing alright, I know if I were to see that happen to one of my closest friends I wouldn't be okay. Even the fact I saw it happen to someone I didn't know, it is still traumatizing. The hallways were silent as if no one was there, but all around you there were scared eyes and worried faces. When I get to my next class, the seat where Andrew sat was empty. No one in my Math class knows what happened to him, except me of course. I pretend as though nothing happened, and sit in my seat. I brush my hair out of my eyes and pull out my binder. I look back at Andrew's seat to see that hooded figure pass by again, this time they stopped in the doorway.

"Does anybody else see that?" I point towards the door. My classmates look over to the doorway, then back at me.

"Um there is nothing there." A boy named Steven states. I make a confused face, then look back at the doorway, this time nothing is there.

"Oh it must have been someone who passed by, and stopped to talk to a friend." I shake my head and bury my head into my hands. I sound like I'm crazy, what was I thinking. Mr. Alexton walks into the classroom, just as proper as ever. He stands in the front of the classroom and walks between the rows. Each person he walks by he hands them their test. Groaning and sniffling come from all directions, which I can assume means they failed the test. When I get my test back, I smile and look at the 98%. Mr.Alexton smiles at me and congratulates me. When I reach into my backpack to pull out my water bottle, I noticed I forgot to fill it up. I raise my hand and ask him if I am able to fill it up. Mr.Alexton nods and I stand up. Making my way towards the door I hear a couple of students whisper about me.

"Hey, be careful out there Alice." I turn around to look at who said that. A girl named Michele has her face covered with her auburn brown hair. Through her hair I can manage to see her staring at me, and giving me a half smile. I smile and look down shyly, and proceed to walk out the door. At the end of the hallway, I see somebody standing there rubbing their arm.

"Are you okay?" I hold my clear water bottle with both of my hands, pressed up against my chest. I walk closer towards the person, not fully because I was curious but also because that's where the water fountain is. Each step I can feel my heart rate increasing. No matter how many times, I asked the person at the end of the hallway if they were okay. I never got a response back. Eventually I am shoulder to shoulder with them. I can hear faint groaning coming from them. I try my hardest to pay no attention to them, while I'm standing there watching the water fill up in my bottle. I turn to face him while waiting for my bottle to fill. His sleeve was ripped, it looked like he ripped it off himself. My eyes travel down his arm to notice bite wounds all over his arm. The wounds had purple veins coming from them, spreading all over his body. He was shaking violently, I knew in that moment that everyone was in danger. I check the clock, 9:30. That means there are 35 minutes until the next bell, releasing the students. When my bottle is finished filling, I take a quick look at the guy again. His head was tilted all the way back, his fingers looked as if he was ready to scratch me. He was bent at the knees and his mouth was open. I clutch my water bottle, the condensation on the bottle, made it so it was slipping from my grasp. I slowly take some steps backwards not letting my eyes trail from the guy.