Welp

"No, no, no." I stutter out loud. It can't be. There it was. Along my right arm right below the elbow is my death sentence. A bite. It was not very big and the teeth had just barely broken the surface. But as I watch the drops of blood raise up from my arm I know the end of my life is close at hand. It is only a matter of time before I turn into one of those things as well. I stand up and wipe the drops of blood off of my nose. I am able to put slight pressure on my leg but not much. I walk to the door, and look at Abigail with pure hatred. Her eyes widen when she realizes, my clothes are ripped, I'm covered in someone else's blood, and I'm limping.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!" I hear a voice yell. Michele comes running through and pushes the group of people away from the door. She opens it, and wraps her arms around me. She has me lean against her to put less pressure on my leg when she notices I wasn't standing on it. We shove our way through the group, but I stop at Abigail.

"I hope you get eaten, you don't deserve to live." Michele and I walk to a safe corner. She places me against the lockers.

"I have to go I'm sorry, are you going to be okay?" I nod, she gives me a hug. Then walks away quickly and quietly trying not to alarm any of those creatures. I looked down at my bite wound, the purple-blackish veins were spreading through my arms. I glance to the corner, to see a hoard of those creatures swarming Abigail and her group. I block out their screams of pure pain and terror. I close my eyes to relax, trying my hardest not to move. I eventually feel myself drift off to sleep against the hard lockers. After some time, I feel myself being shaked. The foggy sounding voice of Mrs. Petrova fills my head. She rapidly shakes me as she calls my name.

"Wake up Alice! Alice are you okay?! Can you hear me?!" My eyes flutter open, to see Mrs. Petrova looking me dead in the eyes. She pulls me into her grasp.

"I was worried about you, I thought you were a goner!" I wince in pain as she hits my bite wound. She didn't notice, but she grabs my hands.

"We have to get moving, It isn't safe here. I gathered a couple other survivors and we are about ready to leave this place." She states while trying to pull me up. I shake my head. She crouches down with me again.

"Why not?" I lift my sleeve to show her my bite wound, which was now leaking thick black blood from the teeth marks. She sighs and puts her hand up to my face.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you." I let out a half smile.

"Please go, I don't want to risk anything happening to you, I'll be okay. I promise." Mrs. Petrova stands up and quickly walks away, looking back at me occasionally, a worried expression paints her face. After Mrs. Petrova was far enough away, I slowly stood up. With the little energy I had left, I walk to the stairs and began climbing them on my hands and knee. My arm with the bit wound was shaking as I could barely put any pressure onto it. I try my hardest to not make any sound, while climbing the stairs. With each step I wanted to let out a wince of pain. When I make it to the top of the stairs, I locate the nearest window. I crawl my way over to the window. I stand up on my knees, despite the pain. Through the trees, I can see the group of what seems to be around 15-20 people leaving the building. They were all messy and scratched up, Some of them were holding their arms. It hurt me to see that these people were able to leave but I'm stuck here. I sit facing away from the windows, my knees brought up to my chest, with my hands interlocked around them. I lean my head against the smooth, cold wall and close my eyes. The bite wound becomes itchier by the second.