Part 23

A/n: I'd be curious on your opinions on either giving the Mc and Nagisa Haki. I think devil fruits would be cool but wouldn't fit the best. I'd like the opinion on both the Haki and Devil Fruits.

The first scene is of random students schmoozing at the dance. Bartholomew Oobleck is shown to be listening intently as Peter Port laughs over some unheard anecdote. Ozpin is standing off to the side with Glynda Goodwitch until General James Ironwood offers his hand for her to dance with him. Jaune Arc approaches Ruby Rose, who is standing pensively near the refreshments tables with you and Nagisa.

Jaune: I see you guys are hiding at the punch bowl too.

Ruby: Yep. (An audible *pop* can be heard as Ruby emphasizes the "p".)

Nagisa: Yup.

You: Nope, I'm just standing with one of my dates.

Jaune seemingly looked confused if you meant Ruby or Nagisa.

Jaune: To the socially awkward.

Ruby and Nagisa giggle and they clink glasses.

Ruby: Sorry things didn't work out with Weiss.

Jaune: Meh, it's fine. Neptune's pretty "cool". I get why she went with him.

Ruby: What do you mean?

Jaune: Well, come on, not many people can pull off blue hair.

Jaune begins to drink his punch.

Ruby: No, I mean, Weiss came to the dance with Y/n.

Jaune chokes in surprise.

Jaune: (turning to Ruby) Uh, what?

Weiss Schnee is shown trying desperately to coax life out of a wilting white rose. When she fails, she looks visibly upset. You walk over and offer her your hand. She smiles, blushing a little as well, takes your hand and begins to walk with you back to the punch table.

Ruby: Yeah, her and I asked him a couple days ago.

Laughter draws Weiss' attention to Sun Wukong and Neptune Vasilias as the latter entertains the others with some impressions and other silly faces. Jaune, shown to be observing as well, becomes visibly perturbed. Also noticing a very quiet Blake following close behind you.

The scene shifts to Pyrrha on a balcony as Jaune approaches behind her.

Jaune: (stopping) Hey, Pyrrha.

Pyrrha turns around to face him.

Pyrrha: Hello, Jaune.

Jaune: (approaching) You okay? I haven't seen you tonight.

Pyrrha: (turning back to the balcony) Arrived late, I'm afraid.

Jaune: Well, you look really nice.

Pyrrha: (raising her hand near her mouth) Thank you. (her hand falls away)