V

Whitty's bomb head became a slight orangish-red from how close their faces were. "Y-you're we-welcome.." Whitty whispered, staring into Keith's dark eyes.

Keith stared back, inching closer, about to connect the gap between them...

That was until Whitty's heavy body leaned too far back, pushing the chair backwards and both of them falling.

Keith lied on top of Whitty, thanks to Whitty Keith didn't barely get hurt.

Whitty on the other hand, sat up rubbing his bomb head with Keith also sitting up and straddling his lap.

Whitty's face became smothered in blush again at the position they were in, and Keith quickly jumped to his feet.

"I-Im sorry! I'm r-really really sorry." Keith covered his face with his hands blushing.

"Hey hey, it's alright Keith, I'm not hurt." Whitty got up and put a hand on Keith's shoulder and gave a small smile.

Keith looked up at him and smiled. The feeling of butterflies filled his stomach.

It began to get awkward again so Keith decided to go do the dishes while Whitty sat in the couch waiting for him.

After ten minutes, it was 6:26 P.M. and Keith walked over to Whitty who hadn't even notice Keith since he was so deep in his thoughts.

Keith took notice in this.

Keith quickly grabbed Whitty's shoulders.

"BOO!"

Whitty jumped slightly and smacked Keith's arms out of impulse.

"Oow, that hurt." Keith said as he rubbed his right hand.

"S-sorry.." Whitty looked away out of embarrassment but then looked back at Keith's wrist.

It had multiple adjectives written permanently onto the front side of it, which everyone knows that they are the characteristics of the ones soulmate(s).

'So he does have a soulmate..' Whitty thought, as he gazed at Keith's wrist.

Keith noticed this and turned his wrist the opposite way blushing slightly.

"Ah- Sorry.. again. Didn't mean to stare for so long."

You see, if it wasn't already obvious, staring at someone's wrist for the words written upon it is sort of like an invasion of privacy unless given permission. It is embarrassing to get caught, as if you're staring at someone's ass, just not... that weird-.

Speaking of permission, Whitty snapped out of his thoughts by Keith.

"Whitty? Whitty!"

Whitty shook his head as he snapped out of his thoughts, finding the small bluenette on his lap again. Whitty blushed slightly and looked into Keith's eyes.

"H-huh? Keith? What are you doing?"

"I was trying to get your attention, but when I called your name 3 times and even got on top of you, you still didn't snap out of it! I just got kinda worried that's all." Keith blushed while he spoke, then jumped off Whitty's lap.

"Since you were staring at my wrist, I thought that I trust you enough to examine it if you'd like." Keith spoke softly with an anxious look yet a small blush amongst his face.

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Y-yep, but on one condition. You have to show me yours too."

Whitty felt as if he just exploded, the bomb he is. And why did Keith blush? Does this mean he hasn't already found his soulmate? Does he already know who it is? Is he interested in someone? Questions swarmed Whitty's bomb head.

He looked down at his covered wrist, before looking up into Keith's eyes.

"F-fine..."

Keith smiled and held his wrist out for Whitty to read the small hand writing.

It had the words, 'short-tempered, mindful, cold, dropout, frightened, traumatized, blunt, and acceptant'.

'So those are the main characteristics of their soulmate? Why is it so much like me..?! And I'm not scared of anything!... Yeah.. But it can't be me though, no matter how much I wish it was, which I don't, it will never be. Because..—'

"Your turn Whitty!" Keith said with a bright smile on his face, snapping Whitty out of his trance AGAIN. Whitty came to a conclusion he needs to stop spacing out so much.

Whitty gave Keith a sad smile yet a dissapointed glint was seen in his big, orange eyes as he rolled his sleeve up.

It was blank.

Which Keith could only assume he had no soulmate.

Keith didn't know why, but a stabbing pain erupted from his chest when he saw Whitty's right wrist. As if he was hoping for something, possibly himself, to be described there. But it was just a thought of course.

"O-oh, I see. Well, it seems like your don't have a soulmate Whitty. I'm sorry.." Kieth said, an apologetic look struck his face.

"It's fine Keith, happens to the best of us." Whitty gave Keith the same sad smile and ruffled his hair before getting up.

"Anyways, I should probably get going back to my apartmen-"

"Nope."

"Eh?"

"You're staying the night here, Whitty."

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother y-"

"I'm sure." Keith turned towards Whitty with a genuine smile.

"Alright, then where do I sleep?"

Keith gave Whitty a 'Is-that-really-a-question' kind of look.

Whitty blushed and mumbled "are you sure? I don't know if you're bed is big eno-"

"I'm sure." Keith said once more. "Unless you're uncomfortable with it?"

"Oh, I-I guess not." Whitty stammered, then suddenly being dragged by the hand upstairs to Keith's room.

Keith took of his pants, revealing his original navy colored boxers.

Whitty blushed more and looked away, causing a confused Keith who simply just shrugged it off.

Keith's bed was a king size, which surprised Whitty for how small Keith was.

Whitty also hesitantly climbed in next to Keith while Keith shut his LED lights off and other things that also illuminated light.

It was 8:14 P.M., which was very early for Whitty since his sleep schedule is fucked. Yet when he turned next to him, feeling warmth around his arm, Keith was already fast asleep hugging his left arm like a pillow.

Whitty found it adorable.

Whitty kissed his forehead and wished him goodnight, before laying down and attempting to fall asleep, succeeding in about an hour later.

[1025 words]

trust me I know it seems boring right now- But it will get more interesting next chapter. hang with me guys