Epilogue

Epilogue

She is exquisite.

And going by the ridiculous, charming smile that my dear, innocent Adrian wears, he thinks so too. Their eyes meet and always stray longer on one another. Some things never change.

I run my hand along my shoulder. The Mark she had left me is violent—the skin healing over in a bumpy, grotesque scar. She doesn't seem to have changed much either. I had initially made the mistake in thinking that she was meek and submissive. I won't be making that mistake again.

I don't think she even realizes the Darkness that has been growing inside her long before I had entered the show.

"Leon." I glance briefly at the fly that has helped me sneak into the territory. Lara comes to stand beside me, like she believes she belonged there. Her lip curls up as she stares at Amelia, "We can't stay longer. Kieran will begin to suspect me—"

"We wouldn't want that."

She looks up at me worriedly, "You can't hurt him. He's innocent in this."

"One thing you have yet to learn, pup, is that none of you are innocent." Amelia is wrapping her arms around Adrian's runt. "Don't think I don't know about your little stunt with the young Palus Wolves. You ordered them to go after Amelia, didn't you?"

"I don't know what your obsession with her is. She chose her other mate. Not you."

I glance at her briefly. She's frothing at the mouth with jealousy. It's been quite a while since a woman has been this loyal to me.

"Do it again and I will skin them alive—"

"They're just teens—"

"They're all pawns in a game, Lara. Don't forget that and you will realize how fragile your existence truly is."

Her voice is pathetically quiet with hope, "And me? Am I your pawn?"

Amelia. Her legs are long and slender like her progenitor. In her cute, denim shorts—I know that Adrian is struggling to keep his claws to himself just as I am. It's impossible to keep my eyes off her as she jumps down onto the docks, her brunette hair bouncing around her waist from the impact.

"You are my queen."

Lara's hands wrap around my waist. She rests her head against my shoulder. It's a useless attempt to cover Amelia's scent with her own. Stupid, fucking mutts. All that matters to them is marking their territory.

"We need to go," She is growing antsy the longer I don't take my eyes off her. Off of Amelia.

She's realized that something isn't right. Amelia glances around, and I grin. She's finally noticed that I'm near. I'm getting better at shutting her out.

"We can go," I take ahold of Lara's face and press her lips to mine. She whimpers, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"He's my Alpha," She whispers against my lips, looking up at me with her green, doe-like eyes, "But you're my king."

I knock the breath out of her as I throw her up against the tree beside us. She tears at my clothes eagerly, unbuttoning her jeans and mine. So predictable.

Her breath is loud and hot in my ear, trying to find my lips. But I turn my head away, watching my real prize walk down the docks and towards her parents. Her shoulders are thrown back, unafraid and determined. So perfectly naïve to the tragedy that is bestowed to her.

She is exquisite, this Queen of mine. I can't wait to break her and her Goddesses.

That day would be soon.