CHAPTER 2 | Funeral Consultant With An Edgy Teenager (Y/N)

I brought the wooden teacup to my mouth and let the fragrant liquid slip through my cold lips, warming them with their touch. If there is something I would never want to leave behind in Liyue, it would be the tea. It reminded me of the times where I served Rex Lapis before the Archon War. The good memories of him. Snezhnaya rarely had any tea, if there was it would become iced tea with the polar climate the country has.

Mr Liu, or as the people of Liyue Harbour like to call him, 'Tea Master Liu', started one of his famous stories, "Young men and women, with the Rite of Descension taking place at midday today, it shall only be fitting I tell you about our Archon's Adepti. The very Powerful and Illuminated Adepti who watched over Liyue for all these centuries,"

The man surveyed his audience's awed expressions before continuing, "We have once talked about the adepti who guard the mountains in Jueyun Karst and the clouds above the divine mountains. We have explored the legend of the 5 Guardian Yakshas-"

That was what he was. That Anemo-visioned boy who wouldnt keep his nose out of you're people's business. One of the Guardian Yakshas, and the very last one if I remember correctly.

"But today we will dwell deep into the story of the Cunning Fox and her sudden disappearance," Tea Master Liu ended his introduction.

Upon hearing the tea master's words I chocked on my green tea,

"Young lady! Don't interrupt Tea Master Liu's stories! If you must choke or vomit, do it somewhere else. The Northland Bank for Rex Lapis' sake, no one ever goes in there!" A man from the neighbouring table yelled at my bowed head which my hair his the majority of my face.

I lifted my head, anger pulsating through my veins, "I think your talking to the wrong person sir. I don't know any young lady which has the dignity or shame to go 'vomit' in the Northland Bank. My bank!"

The man paled, his eyes tracing over the mask that indicated my partnership with the Tsarista, "I also believe that you were the one interrupting Mr Liu's story here. All I did was merely choke and you made a ruckus about it,"

I could see that the man was shivering from cold, I could see that most of the people here were shivering from the cold, their tea in their cups all frozen over.

"Y/N! Oh, oh my holy-uhhhh what happened here?" Childe walked in on the scenario.

"He," I jabbed a finger at the man, "Insulted me, tried to get me to 'vomit' in the Northland Bank! He even used Rex Lapis's name to curse with! I may not be one of his anymore but-"

"Calm down! Your going to make my vision freeze. God, your even worse than Signora throwing a tantrum over one of her broken nails. Get with the times old lady" Childe teased before turning to the man

"Master Childe, do you...know this crazy lady?" The man clearly did not get the indication before.

"As a matter of fact I unfortunately do," Wordless bitter thoughts crossed my mind as the words left Childe's mouth, "She is my senior and I would highly recommend that none of you mess with her. I will be taking her now,"

The harbinger grabbed my hand, dragging my towards the Northland Bank, "Tartaglia, you have won yourself a month's work of hunting crystalflies,"

"Oh really? Who's the one that was in trouble over there. You've been out of Liyue to long to be familiar with the slang used here. You've fallen out of it," Childe urged, closing the large doors of the bank.

I frowned slightly at his words. I used to be one with Liyue, how can I have 'fallen out".

"Cheer up, the Rite of Descension is happening in an hour's time. Do you want to get there an hour early or wait till he comes down?" He asked genuinely.